Author Topic: DWF from Sheet Set  (Read 4983 times)

quamper

DWF from Sheet Set
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:26:58 AM »
Is there a way to control which page size that the DWF driver uses when you select "Publish to DWF" in the sheet set manager?

My page layouts are setup for my printer that I print to which has a larger printable range than what seems to be the default DWF size that sheet set publishing uses. I know the DWF has a size for the print that matches close if not identical to what my print size is for my actual physical printer. I know I can override in the sheet-set with a defined one, but I've got a mixture of portrait and landscape so I can't just over-ride them all I don't think.

Am I overlooking something obvious?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: DWF from Sheet Set
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »
Just set your page setup override to point to the desired page setup for DWF and apply it.
All files in the sheet set will then plot using those settings. Irrespective of their original settings.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

quamper

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:53:07 AM »
Just set your page setup override to point to the desired page setup for DWF and apply it.
All files in the sheet set will then plot using those settings. Irrespective of their original settings.

But that page override contains the orientation of landscape vs portrait does it not? So if I've got mixed portrait and landscape sheets I don't think that will work

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »
Yes it might contain landscape or portrait in the page setup, it will then print using that setting. So, they may not be to your liking, however they will all print landscape, or portrait as per the page setup; and thus it is called an OVERIDE for that reason.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

quamper

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »
Yes it might contain landscape or portrait in the page setup, it will then print using that setting. So, they may not be to your liking, however they will all print landscape, or portrait as per the page setup; and thus it is called an OVERIDE for that reason.

Bummer .. I guess the only solution is to print the landscape ones using one override and then print the portrait using another override and then merge the dwfs?

Kate M

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »
I'm a little confused as to why you're using overrides. Pick the page setup for each drawing that would give you the print that you want on a regular printer, then check the DWF radio button instead of "use plotter defined in page setup" (or whatever it says). Then you'll have a single DWF will all your mixed sizes/orientations/whatever.

quamper

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »
I'm a little confused as to why you're using overrides. Pick the page setup for each drawing that would give you the print that you want on a regular printer, then check the DWF radio button instead of "use plotter defined in page setup" (or whatever it says). Then you'll have a single DWF will all your mixed sizes/orientations/whatever.

Oh you're talking about the "Publish Dialog Box" option.. I guess I forgot that was there.. I'll have to give that a try.. Still I don't know why when you simply right-click and select "publish dwf" directly from the sheet-set it doesn't match the page layout size as close as possible and just uses the standard size.

Kate M

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 05:14:17 PM »
Forgot this was about sheet sets -- don't know much about those. :)