Author Topic: Error Code 212  (Read 12233 times)

k!NNNON

Error Code 212
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
Hi,

I was going to plot one of my drawings and for some reason an "Unknown Error Code 212" popped up. I was wondering if anyone know's what this means.

Thanks!

M-dub

Re: Error Code 212
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »
Welcome to theSwamp!

When did you get this error?  When you clicked the print button / entered PLOT at the command line, etc.?  When you clicked OK on the plot dialog box, etc.?

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »
Hi,

I was going to plot one of my drawings and for some reason an "Unknown Error Code 212" popped up. I was wondering if anyone know's what this means.

Thanks!

First, the dumb questions...
  • Did you close/restart AutoCAD?
  • Did you purge/audit the drawing?

Does it happen to just this particular drawing?
Did the plot come out correctly or not at all?

P.S. Welcome aboard!

deegeecees

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 03:03:37 PM »
I did a quick search, and all I could find was a similar problem on a translated Japanese page (just google "Unknown Error Code 212" with the quotation marks), but there was no link (in my browser anyway) to any kind of explanation. From my limited knowledge I'd have to say it's an application level event involving the print driver, and this is what it spits out when it doesn't understand the error if its ways.

k!NNNON

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
I had made a template drawing with a border on the layout. My college went to use this template and for some reason the border printed beyond the limts of the paper) which is strange because I copied it from another drawing which was printing fine. I opened the template drawing to see what was wrong, I clicked on plot and thats when the "unknown error code 212" came up. I shut down AutoCAD and the computer and the same thing keeps happening.

And on a side note,  I had another drawing open at the same time and before I closed AutoCAD I tried to save it, but it wouldn't let me. Then when I tried to open it again after it told me that the file was not valid and I had to use my backup file.

M-dub

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »
Did you try to Audit or Recover the drawing?

k!NNNON

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »
I did try to recover the one that I wasn't able to save (it didn't work). But not the template drawing.

deegeecees

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
The best advise I can give, is to post the drawing (if you are able to), so as to eliminate many questions (i.e. Raster/Verticals/etc.).

M-dub

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 03:33:58 PM »
You might also try to WBLOCK the good stuff out to a different drawing to see if that has any effect.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »
I had made a template drawing with a border on the layout. My college went to use this template and for some reason the border printed beyond the limts of the paper) which is strange because I copied it from another drawing which was printing fine. I opened the template drawing to see what was wrong, I clicked on plot and thats when the "unknown error code 212" came up. I shut down AutoCAD and the computer and the same thing keeps happening.

And on a side note,  I had another drawing open at the same time and before I closed AutoCAD I tried to save it, but it wouldn't let me. Then when I tried to open it again after it told me that the file was not valid and I had to use my backup file.

The other user should have been able to use Design Center to pull that Layout tab into his file from the DWT complete with the correct named page setup, and you probably wouldn't get A) the error B) the incorrect plotting behavior.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Cathy

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 12:27:51 AM »
I am no help at all, but am wondering if "Unknown error code 212" is different than "Known error code 212".  And has anyone ever seen "Unknown error code 211" or 213 or 108? Who thinks this stuff up?  Would it have been too much trouble to have a message that meant something to someone other than the guy who made this up and is probably somewhere rolling on the floor laughing. 

pmvliet

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 02:38:55 AM »
Who thinks this stuff up?  Would it have been too much trouble to have a message that meant something to someone other than the guy who made this up and is probably somewhere rolling on the floor laughing. 

Come on, why would someone do something like that?
where is the fun in clearly notifying the user of the problem or issue?

How would they make money when you call "help desk" asking for the definition of error 212?   :kewl:

Guess someone thought it was a good idea at the time, although they still do this don't they...

[/ok back to topic at hand]

Pieter

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »
k!NNNON: Any luck yet?

k!NNNON

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 01:00:38 PM »
No I haven't had any luck with it yet. It's now happening whenever I choose that specific plotter in the plot menu. But now it says "unknown error 212", and then it says "The plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem."

I'm about to find out if anyone else in the office is having the same problem, because they haven't printed anything since yesterday.

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 01:06:18 PM »
No I haven't had any luck with it yet. It's now happening whenever I choose that specific plotter in the plot menu. But now it says "unknown error 212", and then it says "The plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem."

I'm about to find out if anyone else in the office is having the same problem, because they haven't printed anything since yesterday.

Are you selecting a PC3 or an actual printer?  If it's a PC3, maybe someone changed/removed the driver that was used to create the PC3?

k!NNNON

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
No i'm printer to an actual plotter. It was hooked up to my computer for a month now. I don't know much about drivers or networks etc. so I'm going to wait for the tech guy to take a look at it, see if he spots anything.

But it must be something to do with the plotter because everything is fine when I try to print to a regular printer.

k!NNNON

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 02:08:34 PM »
So other people are printing fine from their computer. I don't know what the issue is, we deleted the plotter and added it again, but the same error is coming up.