Author Topic: What's wrong with this dyn block?  (Read 6017 times)

FengK

What's wrong with this dyn block?
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »
Hello,

The attached dyn block (1/32 bend for waterline) has a rotation parameter. And I only intended to allow it to rotate within -2.5 degrees to 2.5 degrees. But couldn't get it to work. Now it can be rotated 360 degrees. Any ideas? (btw, tested with AutoCAD 2008)

Thanks!

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: What's wrong with this dyn block?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »
Do you want it to only rotate exactly 2.5 deg in either direction or by any increment up to 2.5 degrees in either direction.

The reason I ask is because there is 3 settings which you can have on the dynamic block.

1) None - you set the minimum and maximum amount of rotation
2) Increment - you set the increment you want the thing to be rotated i.e. 1 deg, 5 deg etc. , can be up to 359.99~ deg.
3) List - you specify a list of angles that it can be rotated i.e. -2.5, 0, 2.5

To set the rotation style and/or increments, using bedit, highlight "Angle", this is your "rotation parameter". Right click and select properties. In the properties window, under "Value Set", select Ang type and set the type of angle you want. Depending upon the type of angle, you will need to enter the values below accordingly.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

FengK

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 03:43:22 AM »
Do you want it to only rotate exactly 2.5 deg in either direction or by any increment up to 2.5 degrees in either direction.
i want the former.

1) None - you set the minimum and maximum amount of rotation

i did choose None. and i set the minimum and maximum as 87d30' and 92d30'. do you think i should put -2d30' and 2d30'? i might have tried that and it didn't work. but i'll try it again tomorrow.

thanks Keith.

whdjr

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:07:32 AM »
You could just flip it.  If one of your lines was at 0 on the Y axis and then draw the second line at 2.5 degrees you could just flip the angled line about the X axis.  That is one way to do it.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
I have given this some more thought and quite honestly I think the rotation parameter is a bit flakey. Let me think about it a bit more ...

Also, just so I am clear .. the way the block looks is the way you want it to look when inserted and then you want the user to have the ability to rotate the 2 lines up or down by 2 1/2 degrees ... this would mean that there is a possibility of 3 different looks for this block.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

FengK

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:37:43 PM »
You could just flip it.  If one of your lines was at 0 on the Y axis and then draw the second line at 2.5 degrees you could just flip the angled line about the X axis.  That is one way to do it.

thanks for your reply. i want the rotation to be any value within -2.5 degree and 2.5 degree, not just these two values.

i attached an updated dwg. if you've worked on civil drawings, this is a 1/32 bend for waterline, and the tolerance is 2.5 degree.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »
Try this one (saved in 2007).

Needs a bit of tweaking, but the rotation is limited to a total of 5d.

FengK

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 01:31:21 PM »

Thank you Matt. Made minor changes. Now it does what I want. Updated block attached.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 01:40:16 PM »

Thank you Matt. Made minor changes. Now it does what I want. Updated block attached.

You're welcome.  Glad it works for you!

Dave R

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
Kelie -

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but take a look at the block inserted above your original. This may do what you want. each side rotates 2.5 degrees independantly.

FengK

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »
Thanks Dave.