Author Topic: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software  (Read 104773 times)

Bob Wahr

Re: LT Add-on, 3rd Party software
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2008, 01:59:21 PM »
You and I both know what was "disabled" but I know there are at least a few folks that do not. So can someone show me a document from Adesk that says what is disabled? Otherwise how do I know if my add-on software is enabling "functionality".
From http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8446924 pretty cut and dry IMO
4. What are the key differences between AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD?

Both the AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT software programs use the same software architecture and technology, and both create files in the same native DWG file format and the DWF™ file specification. But AutoCAD provides additional capabilities in the following key areas:

* Advanced Customization with LISP, ARX and VBA
    * Conceptual Design
    * Network Licensing
    * Sheet Set Management
    * Presentation Graphics
    * CAD Standards management

Learn more about AutoCAD.

Or, X marks the spot

Have we established the fact that someone is "hacking" their code? Or simply making use of it?
Honestly Your Honor, I didn't hack their code, I simply made use of their code in my own product.   :roll:

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2008, 02:26:52 PM »
If you don't, don't enter.

ok

But you lose customers that way.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »

ok

Doesn't seem that way to me.  Just seems to me that people don't care if the understand it or not, and would rather not bother trying.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »
Honestly Your Honor, I didn't hack their code, I simply made use of their code in my own product.   :roll:

Well, aren't you simply making use of the code in the Full version?

Oops...I think I read that wrong.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »

ok

Doesn't seem that way to me.  Just seems to me that people don't care if the understand it or not, and would rather not bother trying.

Oh, did I take Randy's statement out of context?

Bob Wahr

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »

Well, aren't you simply making use of the code in the Full version?

Oops...I think I read that wrong.
They specifically grant license to use code provided by them in the full version.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2008, 02:43:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why do you have any interest in this topic whatsoever?  You don't use any Autodesk products.  You glory in pointing out that you don't use any Autodesk products every chance you get.  Why does this make any difference to you at all?  Are you seriously interested in the topic or are you just one of the world's most ineffective trolls?

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why do you have any interest in this topic whatsoever?  You don't use any Autodesk products.  You glory in pointing out that you don't use any Autodesk products every chance you get.  Why does this make any difference to you at all?  Are you seriously interested in the topic or are you just one of the world's most ineffective trolls?

Funny...I thought you gave up on this topic.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
Some of the discussion moved back into an area where there was discussion and it interested me again.  Nice evasion though.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »
You and I both know what was "disabled" but I know there are at least a few folks that do not. So can someone show me a document from Adesk that says what is disabled? Otherwise how do I know if my add-on software is enabling "functionality".
From http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8446924 pretty cut and dry IMO
4. What are the key differences between AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD?

Both the AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT software programs use the same software architecture and technology, and both create files in the same native DWG file format and the DWF™ file specification. But AutoCAD provides additional capabilities in the following key areas:

* Advanced Customization with LISP, ARX and VBA
    * Conceptual Design
    * Network Licensing
    * Sheet Set Management
    * Presentation Graphics
    * CAD Standards management

Learn more about AutoCAD.

Or, X marks the spot

Have we established the fact that someone is "hacking" their code? Or simply making use of it?

*YAWN* been there done that. Where is the word "disabled"?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why do you have any interest in this topic whatsoever?

I like to learn new things.  I like to learn about the different CAD packages.  I used to work on AutoCAD and it still hold interest for me.  I don't know if I'll keep this job and if my next job has me working in AutoCAD I want to stay up on what's going on.  Thanks for asking.

You don't use any Autodesk products.  You glory in pointing out that you don't use any Autodesk products every chance you get. 

I really don't glory in it.  I just try to point out that there are other very effective CAD programs out there other then AutoCAD.  I happen to think DataCAD does quite well, but that's because I'm currently using it.  I point out features in DataCAD that do the same thing as AutoCAD.  I do try to show DataCAD to be more then the "bargain basement" program that most of seem to have the opinion of.  Just because I mention DataCAD does not make it glorifying it any more then you guys mention AutoCAD.
[/quote]

Why does this make any difference to you at all?

See my first reply about learning things.

Are you seriously interested in the topic or are you just one of the world's most ineffective trolls?

Typical Bob.  Typical

I apologize for making you think for 1/2 a second.  I'm unworthy of being in the swamp with you.

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »
Some of the discussion moved back into an area where there was discussion and it interested me again.  Nice evasion though.

Funny.  Feel free to check your ego at the door.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why do you have any interest in this topic whatsoever?

I like to learn new things.  I like to learn about the different CAD packages.  I used to work on AutoCAD and it still hold interest for me.  I don't know if I'll keep this job and if my next job has me working in AutoCAD I want to stay up on what's going on.  Thanks for asking.
This is about the first sign I've seen of it.  In fact, you've got a fairly well established history of showing absolutely no interest whatsoever about packages you are no longer using.  Anyone remember the softplan community at cad vault?  You changed jobs and dropped it instantly leaving Mav to step up and try to take over.  No effort at a transition at all. 

You don't use any Autodesk products.  You glory in pointing out that you don't use any Autodesk products every chance you get. 

I really don't glory in it.  I just try to point out that there are other very effective CAD programs out there other then AutoCAD.  I happen to think DataCAD does quite well, but that's because I'm currently using it.  I point out features in DataCAD that do the same thing as AutoCAD.  I do try to show DataCAD to be more then the "bargain basement" program that most of seem to have the opinion of.  Just because I mention DataCAD does not make it glorifying it any more then you guys mention AutoCAD.
I'm not going to take the time to go through the posts here where someone asks a question and specifies autocad, where you either chime in with "I don't use AutoCAD" or "In DataCAD it is x"

Why does this make any difference to you at all?

See my first reply about learning things.
See my previous two responses.  This is not something that you demonstrate very often, hence my question.

Are you seriously interested in the topic or are you just one of the world's most ineffective trolls?

Typical Bob.  Typical

I apologize for making you think for 1/2 a second.  I'm unworthy of being in the swamp with you.
I believe that I have answered all of your questions, even going to the point of doing some research on some of the answers to save you having to put any personal effort whatsoever into it.

Funny.  Feel free to check your ego at the door.
I don't see how the fact that two sided conversations interest me more than ones where one side is doing nothing other than basic contradiction, is a demonstration of ego.

Complete and total straw man and you know it.  Saying "A is the same as B, except for these features" does a pretty good job of defining the features in question.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »
Complete and total straw man and you know it.  Saying "A is the same as B, except for these features" does a pretty good job of defining the features in question.
Yes that does show the two programs have different features but that doesn't say LT has them disabled.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg...somewhere
This is about the first sign I've seen of it.  In fact, you've got a fairly well established history of showing absolutely no interest whatsoever about packages you are no longer using.  Anyone remember the softplan community at cad vault?  You changed jobs and dropped it instantly leaving Mav to step up and try to take over.  No effort at a transition at all.

If I remember correctly there were a lot of changes going on at the Vault.  Lot's of people thinking they were more important then they really were.  Also I believe that the Splash site settled down and most of the new members had went back to Splash.  The forum was pretty dead.

I'm not going to take the time to go through the posts here where someone asks a question and specifies autocad, where you either chime in with "I don't use AutoCAD" or "In DataCAD it is x"

I fail to see how this is glorifying.  Yes I do that.  It also allow the people to know that I don't have the exceptional knowledge most everyone else does on AutoCAD and to take my information as something that could be inaccurate.  My experience of most of the people on this site is that everyone feels that any program that is not AutoCAD related is useless.  I just point out that at least one package out there easily stacks up to AutoCAD.

See my previous two responses.  This is not something that you demonstrate very often, hence my question.

Then you scan over my posts more then I thought.  While I don't post very often when it's AutoCAD related, if I'm pretty sure on an answer I'll throw in my thoughts and or solutions.

believe that I have answered all of your questions, even going to the point of doing some research on some of the answers to save you having to put any personal effort whatsoever into it.

Once again you insult me.  Ok.

Yeah you will answer my questions.  I've thanked you for your answers.  I do that more often then you give me credit for.

I don't see how the fact that two sided conversations interest me more than ones where one side is doing nothing other than basic contradiction, is a demonstration of ego.

No, I'm talking about your ego towards me and a few others.  You always have one.

I can pretty much guarantee that you had a "better then you are" aire about you with gazza going into this thread.

YES his discussion has been main contradiction and little resources to back up his statements, but for your very first post, I read it as an attack.

Bob - I'm done with this.  I'll ask my questions here.  I'll post my opinions.  If you answer my questions, thank you.  I'm sure I'll thank you again if/when you do answer them.  Just leave me alone otherwise.

<edit> just fixed a quote thingy  Mav
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:01:26 PM by Maverick® »