Author Topic: Saving down with Objectdbx  (Read 6160 times)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: Saving down with Objectdbx
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »
added (saveasR14  "c:\\1.dwg" "c:\\2.dwg")

edit: please get file here http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=21875.msg264050#msg264050
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:15:03 AM by Daniel »

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 12:19:17 PM »
Very generous Daniel, thanks again. :)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

OcCad

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
That's the thing though. i didnt want to have to use dwgconvert. I would rather do it in the lisp. Right now the routine is causing the problem by vla-saveas to 2007. is there a way to tell it to save to 2004 version?

I'm sure you have your reasons for not using dwgconvert, but I can't immediately think of one ... care to share the reasons ?

Kerry, Though my response seems a little late (and by the way thanks, daniel!) the reason I would prefer not use dwgconvert is that it would take me just as much time to run a batch version of my lisp that will save as 2004 as it would to run the much quicker odbx and then use dwgconvert which is not that fast.

OcCad

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
I'm modifying multiple drawing with odbx but some files were becoming unreadable for clients. Normally I save down to 2004 from 2008 but in odbx the default saveas seems to be 2007. How do I do a saveas savedown to 2004? Or convert to 2004?

AutoCAD 2008 has a new command called AECTOACAD that will allow you to save in a lower version (back to R14).  Might be of some use?!?

And did everyone just completely ignore Matt W's response. I did not know that about 2008. I will have to look into this.

Joe Burke

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 06:55:26 PM »
And did everyone just completely ignore Matt W's response. I did not know that about 2008. I will have to look into this.

Cannot use command calls with an ODBX document.

Joe Burke

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 07:25:49 AM »
Daniel,

I'm not familiar with the code you posted.

I'm wondering what's the mechanism involved? Specifically, is it exactly the same as what happens when Options > Open and Save tab is set save down to a previous file format?

Looking forward to your post in Show your stuff.

Thanks

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »

Cannot use command calls with an ODBX document.

Joe's right.  I just threw that out as an option, figuring you were more focused on ODBX.  You'd still have to actually open each drawing, call the command, wash, rinse, repeat.  Like I said, I just threw it out as an option.

(That command may have been introduced in 2007, for what it's worth)

Joe Burke

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
Matt,

If the document involved in not an ODBX doc, the SaveAs method allows a choice of file format.

ODBX would be more powerful if it offered the same option.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
Daniel,

I'm not familiar with the code you posted.

I'm wondering what's the mechanism involved? Specifically, is it exactly the same as what happens when Options > Open and Save tab is set save down to a previous file format?

Looking forward to your post in Show your stuff.

Thanks

I am not sure what Autodesk does internally, but does act different that what I am doing. All I am doing is opening the database and saving it down through the method provided in the ARX SDK, have  look at acdbSaveAs2004()  and AcDbDatabase::saveAs(). In the ARX docs