Author Topic: Lisp to Flip?  (Read 2102 times)

CaddmannQ

Lisp to Flip?
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
Hey folks!

We do a lot of re-use drawings of buildings, and one of the constant issues is having to reverse or "flip" the plans, sections, elevations, details, etc.  The State Architect simply won't allow you to build things "opposite hand" from the original drawings. They must be corrected to actually be oriented correctly, or they get immediately rejected. This "flipping", of course, causes all kinds of problems with blocks having text attributes, dimensions without the default text location, text justifications, text on a line flipping to under the line, etc.

Is there any kind of LISP or other program available that will help automate this business? I'd sure be happy to reduce some of the monkey work around here.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Lisp to Flip?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »
Making a mirror of a plan can be a real pain. I know of no easy way.
Fortunately the plans I often mirror are rather simple houses.
I usually draw a reference line vertically through the house & then mirror the entire house.
The blocks I use for electrical are screwed up so I wrote a routine to mirror them "in-place" based
on there center via a bounding box. If I have a wall section that would need to be mirrored to match
the section line in the house I just mirror the section line. :)
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

hermanm

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:57:20 PM »
You might be interested in some free utilities on my website,

www.tktn.com

look for

dimtxtor.lsp
rotsclss.lsp

HTH

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »
I have a VBA program that I wrote that "unmirrors" blocks by selection, block name, all, whatever.  It's not hugely perfect, but it saves a butt heap of time on mirrored re-use jobs.  It's your if you want it, but not until Monday.  Shoot me a PM if your interested as I'm ridiculously bad at following up on threads lately, particularly in lispy locations.