Author Topic: What's a Usergroup?  (Read 2187 times)

McRojo the Irishman

What's a Usergroup?
« on: August 18, 2004, 01:18:07 PM »
On the odd circumstance I check out the Usergroups.  Never seen one 'formed'.  Having never actually used a usergroup that doesn't involve twelve steps of some sort, what is a Usergroup and how come they don't ever seem to get formed?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
What's a Usergroup?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 01:28:55 PM »
from the faq

What are Usergroups?
Usergroups are a way in which board administrators can group users. Each user can belong to several groups (this differs from most other boards) and each group can be assigned individual access rights. This makes it easy for administrators to set up several users as moderators of a forum, or to give them access to a private forum, etc.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

McRojo the Irishman

What's a Usergroup?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 02:04:17 PM »
So has a usergroup ever been grouped and used and what is the difference between a usergroup and theSwamp?  Seems everything just gets good and mixed in so you don't miss anything.  You might even see something you never considered.

Just curious.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
What's a Usergroup?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 02:38:03 PM »
yes there are several usergroups here at theswamp, they are private groups and moderator groups. The user groups are part of theswamp (phpBB).

I assume you are refering to the "Usergroups" link at the top of this page and not "usegroups" , "usenets" or "newsgroups" which involve a NNTP server.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

PDJ

What's a Usergroup?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 04:39:30 PM »
Hello, my name is Paul... and... I'ma a Cadd-a-holic..

Sometimes, I wake up at night and start writing lisp routines on anything I can find..

I installed a 16 button puck on the dash of my truck so when it's hard to read the traffic signs, I can do a zoom window, or when it's hard to see around a vehicle, I can do a real time pan..

Oh, I tried Generic Cadd, I tried Caddopia, and yes, I even tried 3D Studio Viz but, the AutoCad kept calling me back.. I can't kick it..

12 step processes won't work, I'll just write a lisp routine to make it 1 step..

I need help..

McRojo the Irishman

What's a Usergroup?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 05:29:36 PM »
Yes, Mark.  That's what I was talking about.

I think I have my answer.  However, Paul... I'm here for you, brother.  We are quite similar.  Sometimes I think I can solve all my problems with simple ACAD commands.  Last night I had a fight with my ol' lady.  More than once I was looking to undo my last command and wanted to check 'time' to see how long I had been working on that project (if only I could really turn back time simply by setting it to zero).  'Erase' is NOT a real life function.  And 'purge' does not take care of all the little things that are bad and extra in your life.

I'm here for you, brother...