Author Topic: Inno Setup  (Read 2988 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Inno Setup
« on: August 17, 2004, 10:50:56 AM »
I am trying to compile all of my tools into Inno Setup so I can distribute them more easily. My question is.....How do I test for AutoCAD profiles so I can add search paths to each when installing?

Thanks,

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

hendie

Inno Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 11:32:36 AM »
I may be wrong but doesn't Inno setup automatically pick up all the profiles on the target PC and prompt the user to select which profiles to add paths to ?
(you can also specify a completely new profile to use or copy from an existing one)

beware though, if you are adding lines to the Acaddoc.lsp, if one doesn't exist, Inno creates one in the first_support_path it finds ~ which is (one of)the one(s) you just added.

hendie

Inno Setup
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 11:36:50 AM »
I would also (strongly) suggest downloading a copy of ISTOOL from http://www.istool.org ~ it makes working with Inno so much easier

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Inno Setup
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 11:50:20 AM »
Quote from: ronjonp
I am trying to compile all of my tools into Inno Setup so I can distribute them more easily. My question is.....How do I test for AutoCAD profiles so I can add search paths to each when installing?

Thanks,

Ron

You need AcadInstall from www.cadwerx.net You then use Inno to run acadinstall for all the acad profiles.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

hendie

Inno Setup
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 11:56:38 AM »
sorry... complete brain fart there ~ I was thinking of Acadinstall which Mark has so kindly commented on. that's where you get the profile info  :oops:

but still get Istool though !

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Inno Setup
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 01:07:40 PM »
Thanks guys. This should get me well on my way.  :D  :D

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Inno Setup
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 01:20:31 PM »
Quote from: ronjonp
Thanks guys. This should get me well on my way.  :D  :D

it's a piece of cake to setup, (pun intended) but if you run into trouble post a question in the vlisp forum.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)