Author Topic: Vertical Mtext  (Read 2254 times)

CECE_CAD

Vertical Mtext
« on: February 12, 2008, 01:29:27 PM »
The text in the file attached is vertical and I'm trying to set it to horizontal.  I checked the text style and the vertical setting is not on with in the style.  Mtexted and Mtextfixed really have no affect with this.  Can someone take a look at the file let me know whats up with this.

Thanks

deegeecees

Re: Vertical Mtext
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 01:36:11 PM »
umm, what file?

CECE_CAD

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »
ok, well that doesn't help does it.  It seems that i'm not able to upload at the moment.  The text i'm talking about seems to not have the width on.  So it looks like the metrix with all the text going doing my screen.. 

deegeecees

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
Set the width to 0.

CECE_CAD

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 02:21:50 PM »
when I do I get "Range Of 0.1 and 10.00000"  and if I change that to 6 it just stretches the text out

Kate M

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
Not the "width factor", the "width." Select the problem mtext, go to properties, set the width to something bigger.

deegeecees

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »
Not the "width factor", the "width." Select the problem mtext, go to properties, set the width to something bigger.

Zero would let it stretch forever without a CR (AFAIK).

Kate M

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »

Zero would let it stretch forever without a CR (AFAIK).

Well, yeah, but sometimes you don't want forever, you just want a wrap that'll give you more than one word on a line.

CECE_CAD

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
ok, so the text width did have zero set. Its strange, the direction is set to horizontal so I change it to vertical then back to horizontal and it fixed itself..  :loco:  thanks for the ideas! I appreciate it..