Author Topic: Cannot close block editor  (Read 32360 times)

gerstal82

Cannot close block editor
« on: January 12, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
Hi There,

We work with autocad 2008 and sometimes after I edited an dynamic block and hit the close button i see at the commandline:** BCLOSE command only allowed in Block Editor. **

Now i'm stuck in de block editor and can't go back to the drawing. The only solution i know is to save and close the drawing and recover it, otherwise when i open the drawing again i only see the dynamic block.

Does anyone know about this problem and know how i can resolve it?

Thanks for any help.

Gerard Steal

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
Re: Cannot close block editor
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:39:31 PM »
Hi There,

We work with autocad 2008 and sometimes after I edited an dynamic block and hit the close button i see at the commandline:** BCLOSE command only allowed in Block Editor. **

Now i'm stuck in de block editor and can't go back to the drawing. The only solution i know is to save and close the drawing and recover it, otherwise when i open the drawing again i only see the dynamic block.

Does anyone know about this problem and know how i can resolve it?

Thanks for any help.

Gerard Steal

I think you need to save the block using the commands within the block editor (upper left corner of the block editor), not in the main drawing window. You should also be able to exit the block editor with the "Close Block Editor" button in the upper right corner of the editor.

Maybe not what you're looking for though.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 01:44:14 PM by Slim© »
I drink beer and I know things....

gerstal82

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »
I always use the 'close block editor' button and when it asks to save the changes i click on yes

johnson

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:52:37 AM »
I always use the 'close block editor' button and when it asks to save the changes i click on yes

how to edit selected block in cad???i have some more blocks.there i want edit some 10 blocks(100 Blocks Name is same).so how edit?is it possible?

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »
'be'
 then press enter

johnson

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:57:15 PM »
'be'
 then press enter

Jeff H i have used this one.what i am asked means,actually in my dwg i have 10number of blocks(same blocks).suppose i am editing one block means it will update to that all that 10 blocks.but i want edit to that only one block.after modify it will not affect remaining 9 blocks.

Jeff H

• Needs a day job
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »
I guess one way is go into block editor
then edit block
then use Save as in block editor-----in pic
then just replace references