Author Topic: AutoCAD Certification  (Read 4478 times)

Josh Nieman

Re: AutoCAD Certification
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 01:00:35 PM »
Interviewee:  "Yeah, I have my ADDA certification."

Interviewer:  "But we really want a CAD person...  I don't see how dentistry would help..."

:laugh:

"erm... do you draw teeth?"

:-D

Bethrine

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »

Interviewer:  "But we really want a CAD person...  I don't see how dentistry would help..."

:lmao:  :lmao:

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 07:26:53 PM »

http://www.adda.org/content/view/25/39/

That is interesting. Never seen that one before.

I believe this was started with the AutoDesk certification in mind??

Either way, it all boils down to what does it do for the holder of the certificate?
At this time, it doesn't seem like much, but in a few years that may change???

Pieter

And that my friend is the million dollar question.
The piece of paper tells the employer that your knowledge can be compared to a benchmark.  IF that benchmark applies to line of work great if not then comes down to opinion.  If any thing it makes their life easier during the interviews.  But that is far as it goes.  It tells them you know something but what is does not tell them is if you can apply that knowledge.  I know an individual that is very book smart, has every piece of cert imaginable but he can not get that information out of his head and to his hands.  (a very long scary story to back that up but I will not talk about that know.)   I had an AWS (American Welding Society) certification for unlimited position, unlimited size for stick welding.  Every prospective employer that I interviewed with said "Yeah that nice but still have to take our test."   

My opinion is that certs matter only to banks, insurance companies and lawyers for liability reasons..
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Kate M

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »

"erm... do you draw teeth?"

:-D

<groan> :lmao:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »
After taking the test(s) for Civil 3D at AU; and a little research here: http://autodesk.starttest.com/
I offer this.

It is suprising how few people in the US are certified.  The number shown for either the professional, or associate level is telling.  Without violating the test agreement I can see why.  There are a few instances where the most correct answer are not offered, and the best answer isn't the correct one.  At least for test taking purposes.
Also there is at least two questions on the professional level that one could easily 'over think' the solution and
get the wrong value quite easily.  (trust me, I did on the first pass through)

As the number of users is fairly small I could see where this 'certification' could at least get one an interview.
The rest would still be up to you.  Of note, if I recall there is also an option to opt out of being shown in the searchable database.  This sounds like an area where the certificate loses it's value should there be a large number of these ghost riders.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

jaberwok

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 05:12:10 AM »
...  this 'certification' could at least get one an interview.
I've long thought this was the main value of most qualifications.