Author Topic: help file question  (Read 3068 times)

Fuccaro

help file question
« on: August 03, 2004, 09:09:23 AM »
I try to start creating help files to my autolisp routines. These files are for other users, not for me. So I thought to offer the lisp and the help files and the user must place them in the same folder. Or the user may place the lisp file anywhere and the help file in the AutoCAD search path… it may be confusing for the beginner users.
Is it a way to build together the help and the lisp source files? Like when making an application and including lisp and dcl files in the same application. It would be nice to install a single file and not to worry that you can loose "parts" from your application…

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
help file question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 09:20:53 AM »
Look at (vl-get-resource text-file)

You can have the app read a text file that has been compiled into your .vlx . Works really well.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

hendie

help file question
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 03:49:09 AM »
fucarro, you can use Inno Setup and Acadinstall along with ISSetup to create an install package for your users.
That way, you can package your routines and help files together and even specify which directories they are extracted to.
I use it to create install packages and add support paths to Acad.
That way it's just a double click for your users, the whole thing is installed and the user doesn't need to know anything about where the files are going ~ it's all done automatically

Fuccaro

help file question
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:01:24 AM »
I downloaded some time ago the Inno Setup, I even used it once just to see how it works. Now I am wondering: why I didn’t think before to use it with the help files?
Thank you Hendie!

csgoh

• Newt
help file
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 10:55:08 AM »
Quote from: hendie
fucarro, you can use Inno Setup and Acadinstall along with ISSetup to create an install package for your users.
That way, you can package your routines and help files together and even specify which directories they are extracted to.
I use it to create install packages and add support paths to Acad.
That way it's just a double click for your users, the whole thing is installed and the user doesn't need to know anything about where the files are going ~ it's all done automatically

What is a Inno setup and acadinstall with issetup?? I am new to this forum and not so good in lisp and learning to write some lisp and its associated help files>  And what is the compiled .vlx file? How do I compile it? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

csgoh

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
help file question
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 12:06:33 PM »
Inno Setup and ISSetup are programs available for download on the web that make it easier for program developers to create install packages for their programs.
A VLX is a compiled Lisp or VisualLisp program and can contain various files needed for the program to operate properly, such as LSP, DCL and TXT.
To create a VLX in AutoCAD open the VLIDE [Tools->AutoLISP->Visual LISP Editor]
In the VLIDE select [File->Make Application->New Application Wizard]
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie