Author Topic: We are upgrading Does CUI take place of MNS and MNU files?  (Read 10538 times)

craigr

Re: We are upgrading Does CUI take place of MNS and MNU files?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 08:41:18 AM »
Sheet Sets?

Oh great, something else to learn about :)

I HAVE heard of them, but have no clue what they are. It looks like a trip to the Help file for me.

craigr

Bob Wahr

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 08:45:15 AM »
I think there is a provision in the constitution that in time of war, the president can be elected to additional terms.

Ahh here it is
Franklin D. Roosevelt was one .
No, there was no provision in the constitution for term limits until after Roosevelt.  Washington said something about two terms being enough when his second was coming to an end IIRC.  It became a tradition until Roosevelt came along.  After he died, the 22nd amendment was passed to keep it from happening again.  All it would take is to repeal the 22nd amendment and Bush could run again.  He couldn't get elected again, but he could run.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 08:46:21 AM »
Sheet Sets?

Oh great, something else to learn about :)

I HAVE heard of them, but have no clue what they are. It looks like a trip to the Help file for me.

craigr
I'm not sure light does sheet sets so you should be good.  Even if it does, you don't have to use them.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 09:14:35 AM »
Krushert,

If you have the time to talk about Sheet Sets, I am happy to entertain all of your questions right now today.
You will love sheet sets before Lunch time.

I second that...IMO they are one of the better features added.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 09:16:47 AM »
My biggest annoyance:
They do not allow a sheet to be part of multiple sets. And this was the original functionality they were after when introduced.  :cry:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

quamper

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »
My biggest annoyance:
They do not allow a sheet to be part of multiple sets.

I'll second that. There have been times I wished that was possible. However in practice it hasn't really been a problem, but it would be nice to have the flexibility there.

If anything my only complaint is that sheet sets can get kinda slow if you have a couple hundred sheets in it and/or if you've got a drawing file with 20-30 layouts as a part of the sheet set.

But I think thats more of a limitation of Autocad not really expecting drawings to have that many layouts in a single file.

But I don't really mind that because sheetsets have saved me hours upon hours of time, so being a little slow for big sheet sets is a fair tradeoff for me.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 09:25:37 AM »
I think there is a provision in the constitution that in time of war, the president can be elected to additional terms.

Ahh here it is
Franklin D. Roosevelt was one .
No, there was no provision in the constitution for term limits until after Roosevelt.  Washington said something about two terms being enough when his second was coming to an end IIRC.  It became a tradition until Roosevelt came along.  After he died, the 22nd amendment was passed to keep it from happening again.  All it would take is to repeal the 22nd amendment and Bush could run again.  He couldn't get elected again, but he could run.
Yeah I got confused there.  Thanks for the additional info.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 09:39:53 AM »
Krushert,

If you have the time to talk about Sheet Sets, I am happy to entertain all of your questions right now today.
You will love sheet sets before Lunch time.
I dont have a lot of time but I have some questions that maybe you guys can answer.

Just where is the time savings.
My plotting routines gives me a higher degreee of accuraccy and assuraces to clean drawing when ploted.  So I don't see a time savings.
I found that I had to spend time to manage the SS manager in organizing my drawings with in SSM which when comparing time spent to returned benifits like the plotting feature of SS and the quick opening of a File, I did not see any great advantage.

The way you guys talk about SS there must be something I am missing or I was not using it properly.  Hence my comment of standing over someone and asking a boatload of questions on what, whys, where, whens & hows of SS.

So what am I missing?

Ohh BTW, we are just an Archie shop.  No MEP drawings to worry about.

Sorry about side tracking the the original intent of this thread.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

CADaver

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »
So it hasn't taken 2,000 hour to update 2002 to 2008.  You are using the update as a reason to use 2000 hours to rewrite code.  A little bit of a difference.
Which is EXACTLY what I said

...but we have nearly two thousand hours tied up in the conversion of that customization from 2002 to 2008. 

Bob Wahr

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 01:52:49 PM »
true dat

SDETERS

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »
So sheet sets?  Is this where I can have 2 or more different sheets in dwg file?  Like sheet 1 of 2 and 2 of 2?

LE

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
So sheet sets?  Is this where I can have 2 or more different sheets in dwg file?  Like sheet 1 of 2 and 2 of 2?

No.

You create one at a time and added into your discipline [Using A2005 and A2007].... I been using SSM from day one... to me one the best updates this guys at adesk have done.

SDETERS

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2007, 09:28:53 AM »
Update is here.  NOw the questions.  We have two menus on a locked drive.  When I try to load the MNU or convert it Autocad wants to make a CUI file.  Is there a way I can bring these to menus into Autocad with out Autocad want to make a new File?

Thanks

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »
No, you have to let it make the file.  You could make it locally, then move the CUI to the locked server
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:15:45 AM by CmdrDuh »
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)