Author Topic: 08, VBA, and Vista  (Read 7241 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: 08, VBA, and Vista
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 06:48:35 PM »
Well, my prop box quit working, so I did a fresh install of autocad, and it appears to be working now.  Looks like I got acad corrupted somehow.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

hendie

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 03:39:29 AM »
Funny thing is, in the local window, 80% of the entries say "No Database" like VBA suddenly lost the connection to the dwg.  Even if Im in the Thisdrawing module.

a bit late now that you have got it fixed, but.... I have come across that "No Database" error message a few times now and the only way to resolve it is to do another install

Draftek

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »
Not familiar with that problem but - overall, if you can - get away from vb6 / vba and run as fast as you can.

It's going to become more and more unattractive to code using those tools in the future.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »
Hendie, thanks, I wish I had known that sooner.

Draftek, I'm still trying to get more than just my foot wet converting to C#.  Seems like every time I get some time to start again, something breaks major-ally at work
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Draftek

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:56:53 AM »
I know what you mean,

I've got a project I'm dying to work on but the time required supporting all the old crap I wrote won't allow me to write new crap.. :)