Author Topic: Drainage Question 1  (Read 1987 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Drainage Question 1
« on: November 01, 2007, 09:17:11 PM »
Is there away, with parcels, to take an area with the labels; create different C Coef. and then average them?
EX.
I would have a Site / Grass/ Under there i would place all the grass parcels with associated labels
Site / Pavement / Same as above
Site / Roof / Same as above

I can then hopefully, with all the parcels, I can average the C Coef. to get it averaged or a weighed number.

I figured if this works, we can use this for our existing conditions, and possibly storm sewer calcs.

Thanks for your help!
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Drainage Question 1
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:34:43 PM »
Yes, you will want to add the C factor as a USER DEFINED PROPERTY, and be sure to add that property to the parcel.  Then you can put that in a table, copy>paste into Excel apply math formulea to sum and average to get your weighted C.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »
I am hoping I can get all this inside the drawing with autocad not use excel.  :mrgreen:
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:29:21 PM »
see other answer in CAD GENERAL, and why didn't you put that in you question?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

scout

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 12:47:19 AM »
I am hoping I can get all this inside the drawing with autocad not use excel.  :mrgreen:

civil 3d tools won't do it, since parcel tables can't sum/add across.  There is a process (somewhat labor intensive) that you can do with autocad tables, annotation objects and map topology if you are interested.

I've attached the paper here.  It isn't the easiest to follow paper, but the class is being presented this year as well, so I will post the refined paper (that will have more step by step) when it is finished.  Last year's class was also recorded and can be accessed at au.autodesk.com but sometimes it is hard to find and they are doing dumb stuff with logins lately.

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 09:20:48 AM »
I will plug and chug away... I know,,,, theres got to be a way to do this!!!!
Civil3D 2020