Author Topic: Navigating the Autodesk site?  (Read 1701 times)

CottageCGirl

Navigating the Autodesk site?
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
I just found out that we will be getting ADT 2008 at the end of April.  I want to read about the ins-n-outs of it, but all I can find on the Autodesk website is 2009 info....am I just being daft?

CottageCGirl

Re: Navigating the Autodesk site?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 02:45:10 PM »
Is this a really stupid question (very well may be.), or does noone have an answer...? :?

Dinosaur

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:05:07 PM »
I don't have an answer, but the question is not really stupid either.  I think as far as the info sections are concerned, 2008 and earlier products no longer exist.  It seems that way for the civil stuff anyway.  For your purposes, I think the 2009 information should be roughly the same for 2008 except in the areas affected by the core application.  Things like "Ribbon" will change the interface some, but since you can ditch it for the classic menu there should be documentation flags for those.  The basic Arch Desktop functions should not have changed significantly, but some things may work better and others may be broken.

Dilbert

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »
Are you just getting it installed or are you going out to purchase it? 2009 is ready to be shipped as I type this so if you are just buying it you will be getting 2009 (most likely) from Autodesk unless you specifically asked for 2008.

As far as features, 2008 and 2009 are close for all practical purposes for your "average" user...the literature/info from 1 will be very similar to the other.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »
Are you just getting it installed or are you going out to purchase it? 2009 is ready to be shipped as I type this so if you are just buying it you will be getting 2009 (most likely) from Autodesk unless you specifically asked for 2008.

As far as features, 2008 and 2009 are close for all practical purposes for your "average" user...the literature/info from 1 will be very similar to the other.

I am not sure why we are not getting -09  we use network licences.. :? but I have no say on that matter.. I write the custom menu's so the CUI will be a change for me..it is hard to read about this without having it to look at...it is all  theoretical until we get upgraded.. I also make all the blocks and since we didn't upgrade to -06...I also get to learn all about dynamic blocks at the same time  yipeee!

ps thanks for the info Dino..

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 09:21:23 AM »
I don't know what you are looking for, but if you looking for answers to 08, take a look at the left column of Heidi Hewett's Blog.  She keeps a somewhat nicely organized list of past articles and videos for 08 and previous versions.

Whoops, I missed the ADT part.
For that I check out David Koch'sThe Architect's Desktop
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:26:14 AM by Krushert »
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

CottageCGirl

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »
I don't know what you are looking for, but if you looking for answers to 08, take a look at the left column of Heidi Hewett's Blog.  She keeps a somewhat nicely organized list of past articles and videos for 08 and previous versions.

nice...I just want to know what I am in for..since we don't have a CAD manager...it took my boss 8 months after we recieved -05 to actually put it on our machines. since many people were to scared of change...

thanks