Author Topic: Cumbersome DXF save prompts  (Read 2090 times)

Luke

Cumbersome DXF save prompts
« on: October 25, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »
Using Vanilla AutoCAD 2006 Full Version.

We are a cabinet / store fixture manufacturer.  We do our product drawings as DWG format.  Then when we pull our part drawings for the CNC and we have to save them as DXF format.  We do not keep DWG files of the individual part drawings.

Every time I try to save the DXF the routine is to have to tell it to save as a DXF.  Then when I try to close the file it asks if I want to save it as a DWG and I have to tell it no.

Is there a way to create a button that when I click it, it will save the current DXF file as the same name I was working in, close the file and bypass the whole do you want to save as a DWG portion.

Thanks!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Cumbersome DXF save prompts
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »
Code: [Select]
(command "saveas" "dxf" "v" "2004" "" "");(command "close" "n")

This should work in a button. You can change the version to whatever you want.....note that this is what works in 2008, I do not have 2006 installed to check the syntax.

Luke

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:49:23 PM »
I am really only familiar with writing short little macros for the button itself.  What you are supplying is not that correct?  How do I actually apply it?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
I am really only familiar with writing short little macros for the button itself.  What you are supplying is not that correct?  How do I actually apply it?

Paste it in a button and see if it works.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC