Author Topic: reactors and making my own fake multi line  (Read 3907 times)

uncoolperson

reactors and making my own fake multi line
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »
for the purposes of using Electrical i need to keep my lines as normal line, but for our standards i need the functionality of a multi line.

right now we have a menu script that draws a  line and offsets to either side... which makes editing suck, and when the dept goes the route of electrical it is going to freak the computer out some.

before i set out on this fight i was hoping that someone else might have already gone down this path... have you? care to share?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:42:56 PM by uncoolperson »

Josh Nieman

Re: reactors and making my own fake multi line
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:34:36 PM »
Does exploding a multiline suit you?

uncoolperson

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »
Does exploding a multiline suit you?

nope,
need to draw the line(s)

then in any order
place a wire number (all kinds of super ?smart? acad electrical stuff going on there)
then stretch/move the wire around a whole much, while keeping the functionality of a multi line (so our engineers/drafters don't screw stuff up), and keeping as a normal line (so autocad electrical stays happy)

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
How about using AutoCAD's dline.lsp routine?

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

LE

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
Or...

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=6959.msg85605#msg85605

See if it is possible to use the above code.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 02:02:43 PM »
I haven't found a way to copy lines (wires) in Electrical besides using the 'Copy Circuit' command.  Otherwise the label wire numbers program doesn't like it.  If I copy the wire, and try to number the new line, then it will erase the old one, and number the new one the only with a new number.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

uncoolperson

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 02:22:27 PM »
thanks for all the examples, going to try to work off those as i put together a reactor...

T. Willey,
that's one of the (30+ or so) reasons i wrote my own (wire numbering thingy)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 02:32:12 PM »
T. Willey,
that's one of the (30+ or so) reasons i wrote my own (wire numbering thingy)
We have a lot of customization here also (company written, not mine) to help with Electrical's little quirks.  Good luck.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 02:56:39 PM »
I maybe way off here, are you talking about labeling, like a homerun circuit? If so maybe this will work for you with some modifications.

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

uncoolperson

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »
kinda, sorta

i have this line type
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=9560.0

which when i called it a normal line above, is actually a polyline.... dangit more problems

i'd like to be able to stretch/move/break/all that like a normal polyline/multi line thing.... however the problem is that autocad electrical needs a normal line to be used for wires.

so i just (well, not just in the it's simple sense) need to put together something that causes one line to mirror the changes (breaks, stretches, etc...) to the other. while keeping appropriate spacing between the two, and all that other stuff.

but with the added fun i forgot i needed to deal with (above in this post), keep normal lines in line (sorry needed a pun) with a polyline.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:19:07 PM by uncoolperson »

LE

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 04:45:42 PM »
kinda, sorta

i have this line type
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=9560.0

which when i called it a normal line above, is actually a polyline.... dangit more problems

i'd like to be able to stretch/move/break/all that like a normal polyline/multi line thing.... however the problem is that autocad electrical needs a normal line to be used for wires.

so i just (well, not just in the it's simple sense) need to put together something that causes one line to mirror the changes (breaks, stretches, etc...) to the other. while keeping appropriate spacing between the two, and all that other stuff.

but with the added fun i forgot i needed to deal with (above in this post), keep normal lines in line (sorry needed a pun) with a polyline.

It is very difficult to me to understand the above - my English level is way below....

1. Do you mean you can't use a polyline?
 just simple lines? - or - I am out of the hole?

uncoolperson

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 05:51:53 PM »
i have to use polylines to get the correct visuals, but i have to use simple lines for the intelligence that comes with autocad electrical.

LE

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 06:19:40 PM »
i have to use polylines to get the correct visuals, but i have to use simple lines for the intelligence that comes with autocad electrical.

I see, I don't know anything about AutoCAD Electrical... but got a chance to write this custom object, just for fun!

If you want to give a try, open AutoCAD 2007 or 2008 (I guess will work on there too) - and inside a new from scratch dwg.... :)
1. Load the ARX
2. Set the LUNITS to architectural
3. Load the linetype "HIDDEN"
4. Call the command: MYMLINE
5. Select the start-end points
7. Change the LTSCALE to desired one.

Tell me if works.

Have fun.

Note: the ARX is a debug file.... I just made a quick coding.... the MYMLINE command will generate an object similar to the one you posted in the image...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:56:29 PM by LE »

uncoolperson

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »
i'll check that out tomorrow when i get to work.

i've never done the custom objects, could you share the magic?

LE

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
could you share the magic?

No problem - let me know via pm.

You are going to need the VS2005, the ARX SDK 2007/2008 and know about C++ and ARX and about custom objects.