Author Topic: Zoom and Objects Disappear (visually)  (Read 17111 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Zoom and Objects Disappear (visually)
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »
Ron, are you on subscription?  If so, log it w/ adesk

We are on subscription. I will log it...thanks.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »
I zoom with the wheel.
Sounds like and MS vs hardware issue.  What happens when you use the zoom command??

I'll have to get back to you on that...it's hard for me to type in "Z" to zoom when the functionality is built into the mouse wheel.  :-D

Thanks for the reply.

Ron

Custom Build PC

CADaver

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 11:23:05 AM »
I zoom with the wheel.
Sounds like and MS vs hardware issue.  What happens when you use the zoom command??

I'll have to get back to you on that...it's hard for me to type in "Z" to zoom when the functionality is built into the mouse wheel.  :-D

Thanks for the reply.

Ron

I understand, the stinkin' wheel is just way too easy.   But I've had issues with hardware display instructions getting boggled up in AutoCAD.  When we chased it down it was an old mouse driver causing the trouble.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2007, 11:26:28 AM »
I zoom with the wheel.

Thanks for the reply.

Ron

I understand, the stinkin' wheel is just way too easy.   But I've had issues with hardware display instructions getting boggled up in AutoCAD.  When we chased it down it was an old mouse driver causing the trouble.

Randy,

What do you mean by "I've had issues with hardware display instructions" ... are you referring to the same issue I'm seeing here (disappearing objects..etc)?

Custom Build PC

CADaver

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »
I zoom with the wheel.

Thanks for the reply.

Ron

Randy,

What do you mean by "I've had issues with hardware display instructions" ... are you referring to the same issue I'm seeing here (disappearing objects..etc)?
   I've seen screens go blank and require a drawing close to restore (which may be your issue), I've seen crosshairs go haywire and duplicate themselves all over the screens, I've seen large shaded files just crash, and a few other anomalies.  Most of which were resolved by getting newer mouse drivers (or newer mice and drivers) or newer video cards. 
   The only one that remains a “regular” issue is crashing very large models that have been shaded.  There seems to be some magic point where a hardware driven display change (wheel zoom or pan or 3dorbit) just can’t handle the load.  For R2002 that was around a files of twenty megabytes or more (XREF’d or otherwise) that had been open and edited for some time.  I first thought it was a memory issue, but that didn’t help, neither did virtual memory increases or paging or anything else we tried.  It got better with each release, so far in 2008 I haven’t been able to make it crater, even with fifty megabyte files

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 05:49:01 PM »
"I've seen screens go blank and require a drawing close to restore (which may be your issue), I've seen crosshairs go haywire and duplicate themselves all over the screens, I've seen large shaded files just crash, and a few other anomalies.  Most of which were resolved by getting newer mouse drivers (or newer mice and drivers) or newer video cards."

Interesting...I see this fairly regularly. I'm going to have to drive the mouse drivers. Thanks for the input.

Ron

Custom Build PC

craigr

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
50MB AutoCad files!!!!

I've never seen any NEAR that size!

craigr

Josh Nieman

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
Well boy howdy... maybe some of the problems I've had with my model files is mouse drivers then.  Next time I'm on a particularly problmeatic file, maybe I'll take out the razer, and put in the Dell mouse and see if it still happens...  *mental note*

CADaver

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 06:04:53 PM »
50MB AutoCad files!!!!

craigr

Now you have.  Some of the pipe models in the racks are around fifty, some of the vessel models are well over forty.  That view represents probably a gig of data and that's just half of one out of three adjacent units.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »
50MB AutoCad files!!!!

craigr

Holds up hand "I have, and then some".

Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »
Slightly back on topic ... there's only a remote chance this will change anything, but just maybe ...

Code: [Select]
(defun c:HiRes ( / _HiRes )

(defun _Hires ( )
        (foreach pair
           '(   (regenmode     . 1)
                (hideprecision . 1)
                (facetres      . 10)
                (facetratio    . 1)
                (dispsilh      . 1)
            )
            (setvar (car pair) (cdr  pair))
        )
        (command ".viewres" "_yes" 20000)
    )

(setvar 'cmdecho 0)

(cond
        (   (eq 1 (getvar "tilemode"))
            (_HiRes)
        )
        (   (eq 1 (getvar "cvport"))
            (_HiRes)
            (cond
                (   (< 1 (length (vports)))
                    (command ".mspace")
                    (_HiRes)
                    (command ".pspace")
                )
            )
        )
        (   t
            (_HiRes)
            (command ".pspace")
            (_HiRes)
            (command ".mspace")
        )
    )

(setvar 'cmdecho 1)

(princ)

)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

CADaver

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
50MB AutoCad files!!!!

craigr
Then there's this