Author Topic: TextBox on a Modeless form: why it behave this way?  (Read 4013 times)

FengK

TextBox on a Modeless form: why it behave this way?
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:43:23 AM »
hello,

using latest alpha release.

i created a modeless form, and added one TextBox, one GraphicButton (for closing the form) on it. i tried to handle the ReturnPressed event for the TextBox. it seems to work. but the form always gets closed when "ENTER" key is pressed inside the TextBox. if i press "SPACE" or "ENTER" again on AutoCAD command line, the form will reappear.

another thing i noticed was the form height will be "automatically" changed. the TitleBar property of this form is set to False. i wanted to set the Height property for both the TextBox and Form to 20. and it looked fine when i did so. but after i save, close and reopen the .odcl file, the form height has changed to 34. i might have reported this problem before.

thanks.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: TextBox on a Modeless form: why it behave this way?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:19:45 PM »
i created a modeless form, and added one TextBox, one GraphicButton (for closing the form) on it. i tried to handle the ReturnPressed event for the TextBox. it seems to work. but the form always gets closed when "ENTER" key is pressed inside the TextBox. if i press "SPACE" or "ENTER" again on AutoCAD command line, the form will reappear.

Set the property "ReturnAsTab" property to True for the ComboBox and TextBox control.

another thing i noticed was the form height will be "automatically" changed. the TitleBar property of this form is set to False. i wanted to set the Height property for both the TextBox and Form to 20. and it looked fine when i did so. but after i save, close and reopen the .odcl file, the form height has changed to 34. i might have reported this problem before.

Kelie, can you report (or update) this at SourceForge please ...
Have a look at Build Ver 4.1.1.1 first.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:21:26 PM by Kerry Brown »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

FengK

Re: TextBox on a Modeless form: why it behave this way?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 07:04:49 PM »
Kelie, can you report (or update) this at SourceForge please ...
Have a look at Build Ver 4.1.1.1 first.

the problem still exists in ver. 4.1.1.1
just reported in sourceforge.

thanks Kerry.