Author Topic: redefine a command?  (Read 2228 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
redefine a command?
« on: September 28, 2007, 09:30:41 AM »
not sure if thsi is the right location within the forum but....

i want to restore a command that has been undefined, i have tried the redefine command but with no success.  i used to use a command that will force load the command, and i think it was a vbcommand and it went along the lines of

refedit.redefine.refedit
redefine.refedit.refedit.

could anybody out there shed some light on this?

once again your humble servant

Regards

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

deegeecees

Re: redefine a command?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:05:50 AM »
From AutoCad Help file:

If a command has been undefined, you can still use it if you precede the command name with a period.

Doesn't answer initial question but figured it could be a bandaid for now.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
nope. nada. zip.

thanks anyway.

a little more info. When i actually select the command it tells me that the command is not available

btw i'm using AutoCAD 2002 (gasp!)

thanks for the input
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

deegeecees

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:58 AM »
What command is undefined?

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
refedit.

deegeecees

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 10:50:33 AM »
Does it work when you type "_.refedit" in the command line?

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 10:52:52 AM »
no.

I think there is a vbscript that is password locked preventing what me from reactivating the command.  (its pretty draconian here)  thing is i need to update an xref with about 200 blocks that appear many time in the xref.  it would make my life so much easier if i could just refedit them.

thanks for your help

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 10:58:27 AM »
Re: refedit and undefine
Daron,

found it.  it was posted on the Autodesk support forums, (i knew it was good for something)

refedit is an arx- based command. If you undefine
it then you can use it still with the command
".acad_refedit.refedit"

To see a list of all arx defined commands, type
"arx" at the command line and then use the option
"commands". You will see several command groups
for every loaded arx which exposes commands to
AutoCAD. If you undefine one of them you have
still access to this command with the following
syntax: dot group_name dot command_name

deegeecees

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »
I see, that makes things a bit clearer. Why in the world would someone want to handicap their Cad application in that manner?

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 11:07:45 AM »
dont ask.  I have just taken over as CAD manger, to find:

a:  They are using 2002 even though they are paid up to use 2007!
b:  Copy and paste was taken out.
c:  No access to Cute PDF
d:  This VB script runs every time you open a drawing and resets things like osnaps, regenauto, grid etc etc.
e:  SDI is turned ON!

the list goes on........do you have an hour?  i would be going off on a rant if i kept going.  I am new here so i need to pick my battles at the moment.  firstly i need to restore order.  then i need to go about dragging this lot into the 21st century.  they were using release 14, yes 14, until about 2 years ago.  they only reason they are changing is because the cad manager before me is gone of to work for the gestapo or sombody like that, and i would only take the job if i could straighten the place out. 

deegeecees

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
dont ask.  I have just taken over as CAD manger, to find:

a:  They are using 2002 even though they are paid up to use 2007!
b:  Copy and paste was taken out.
c:  No access to Cute PDF
d:  This VB script runs every time you open a drawing and resets things like osnaps, regenauto, grid etc etc.
e:  SDI is turned ON!

the list goes on........do you have an hour?  i would be going off on a rant if i kept going.  I am new here so i need to pick my battles at the moment.  firstly i need to restore order.  then i need to go about dragging this lot into the 21st century.  they were using release 14, yes 14, until about 2 years ago.  they only reason they are changing is because the cad manager before me is gone of to work for the gestapo or sombody like that, and i would only take the job if i could straighten the place out. 

Sounds like a couple of my endeavors. I kinda liked taking the reigns, and pulling some companies Cad dept. out of the mud. Sounds like you've got yer hands full, good luck!

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »
thanks,

expect to see me and lots of these over the next while

:x :x :cry: :cry: :realmad: :realmad: :pissed: :pissed: :? :?

Shinyhead

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »
You have my sympathies.  IT here is more clueless then draconian. Much easier to get what I need for the most part then dealing with what you have to.