Author Topic: DB - Spread/Isolated Footing  (Read 18933 times)

akdrafter

DB - Spread/Isolated Footing
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:13:08 PM »
Anyone seen a DB for a spread/isolated footing? I am attempting to make an all(mostly) encompassing DB to handle numerous spread/isolated footing situations. I have attached a dwg(v2007) as an example of possibilities.

Any help or ideas is... as always... greatly appreciated.

Thanks

whdjr

Re: DB - Spread/Isolated Footing
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »
I haven't seen one but I haven't been looking for one either.  You can try looking over at the Augi site.  They have a big collection and may have what you are looking for.

Are you just looking for a block or are you asking for someone to build this for you?

akdrafter

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »
If it's built, no need to reinvent. I am pretty sure that my limited experience with db's will make this an interesting one to get done.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »
If it's built, no need to reinvent. I am pretty sure that my limited experience with db's will make this an interesting one to get done.

Take a shot at it, then post back with what you've been able to do.  That's one of the best ways to learn how to do for future DBs.

akdrafter

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
Here is a footing part. Pretty basic. I have started to create some typical rebar types and am doing ok with them so far, but to make a type 2/17 is a daunting task. What I have found is that I make each of the bar sizes(geometry) in different areas of the drawing, add all of the params/actions, move everything to a base point and then modify the cpolygon areas and such. So... for a type 2/17(I say 2/17 because they are basically the same shape and for details, it works. So... a type 2/17 has these configurations: AB & ABG

--

Shaped like a the letter C.

Sizes: 3 - 11, 14 & 18

Dimensions: A(leg always present), B(always present) & G(leg on/off)

All have wipeouts via the use of a polyline that matches the geometry of the bar, except at the arcs which I created a polygon with 128 sides and offset 1/128" to the inside of the geometry. Once plotted you can't even tell that there is that small offset. It is visible on the screen as a sloppy looking line. hahahaha.... I haven't done it yet, but I figured if I put the wipeout polyline and the wipeout itself on the defpoints layer I would not ever have to worry about it not plotting as defpoints is hard coded into the AutoCAD database to never plot.

I used visibility states to define the legs to display.

I also played with using a non-plotting dimension to have a visual on the size as I stretched it. Not sure that is a good way to go.

I can't remember if I updated this one to stretch all legs whether on or not. I seem to remember having issues with that... some error.

--

So far I have sizes 3-8 and I stopped there, but can't remember why. hahahahaha....

I shall post for the sake of sharing and VERY welcome critiques.

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
Can you save them down, I can't open them in 06
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

akdrafter

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »
dwg v04

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 01:12:44 PM »
Just for the heck of it, here's a DB wall that I've created (still needs some tweaking) that is intended to be a starting point for a wall detail.  I know it doesn't help you with your issue, but I figured I'd share it since it has to do with structural.

Well, anyways... here 'tis.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 01:13:08 PM »
dwg v04

I think they're going to be useless in '04 because '04 didn't have DBs.

whdjr

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »
dwg v04

v04 is the same file format as 06.

whdjr

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 01:17:55 PM »
dwg v04

Instead of drawing all those different actual geometry sizes, look at a block using lookups.  Look at the steel beam shape in the Civil tab of the AutoCad tool palette.

As if you have any questions.

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 01:18:45 PM »
dwg v04

Ahhh....but even so, he's got '06 which doesn't have DBs does it?  Weren't they introduced in 2007 (I can't keep up with what came out when).

whdjr

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »
dwg v04

Ahhh....but even so, he's got '06 which doesn't have DBs does it?  Weren't they introduced in 2007 (I can't keep up with what came out when).

'06

akdrafter

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »
I am using Vanilla AutoCAD 2008.

whdjr

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »
Look at this simple light block for what lookups can do.