Author Topic: Profile wont stick  (Read 1605 times)

A_LOTA_NOTA

Profile wont stick
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:54 AM »
We have two users here that are using ACAD 2005. Every time they start CAD the profile is set back to "VANILLA".  :realmad: The "TARGET" in the shortcut is grayed out so they can't add a "/p". Anyone have any idea how to find what is setting the profile back to "VANILLA"?

sinc

Re: Profile wont stick
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:36:14 AM »
Sounds like some sort of permissions problem.

I think the only time the shortcut target is greyed-out is when you do not have sufficient user privileges to change the shortcut.  So if your user does not even have permission to change their own desktop shortcuts, that may also be why profile settings cannot be remembered.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »
I'm not sure that is it. We can delete the shortcut & make news ones. Our IT guy is out this week but I will ask him when he gets back, but I think we have unlimited control over our machine!

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »

I think the only time the shortcut target is greyed-out is when you do not have sufficient user privileges to change the shortcut.  So if your user does not even have permission to change their own desktop shortcuts, that may also be why profile settings cannot be remembered.

Found the problem! The shortcut on the Desktop was created from the "Start" menu. The shortcut must be created from the exe to set the profile at startup!

Kate M

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:37:10 PM »

Found the problem! The shortcut on the Desktop was created from the "Start" menu. The shortcut must be created from the exe to set the profile at startup!

Hmm...good to know!