Author Topic: ( C3D '08 ) Book  (Read 18975 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: ( C3D '08 ) Book
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »
Jeff, perhaps attitude is the wrong phrase.  The comment in that thread "You'll have to came to AU. Can't giveaway all my best stuff" was probably made tongue in cheek. 
Yes it is a shame that they all bailed out. Perhaps as questions about the book, and its contents, or exercises pop up they will reappear to resolve those issues.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dent Cermak

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
Mine from Barnes and Noble showed up today.  ordered monday.  NUMA

Nooo!!!! next time, AMAZON.COM!! B&N=$55.99 ($50.39 member)
                                                        Amazon=$44.07
Some people just have more money than they know what to do with!! Next time, order from Amazo and send me the cost difference !!  ^-^

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »
Dent, I ordered from Amazon in July and was informed that my order would be delayed until the first week of Nov. When I saw others who ordered from Amazon in Oct. and received their books, all around the same time I was told about the delay, I complained to Amazon. They "guaranteed" me it would ship the next business day......I got another "delay" email on that day. I cancelled the order. I then placed an order with B&N (at $48.99 non-member) and had the book 2 days later (no shipping charges). For < $5, screw Amazon and their customer service.

dtkell

• Bull Frog
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
... For < $5, screw Amazon and their customer service.
Exactly
\"What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?\" -Ursula K. Le Guin

Dent Cermak

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:56 PM »
They must know who you are.  :evil:  I've never had a problem with either one of those book sellers. That's why I play the price game.  ^-^

Dinosaur

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 08:04:01 PM »
I was not pleased that it took Amazon so long to get the book to me but to be fair, I think most of the problem was in distribution from the publisher.  To Amazon's credit, they had my card number since early August but the charge did not appear until the same day I got the shipping notice.  I had delivery within a week of the first indications it was available to ship and within 2 hours of the delivery of another copy I know about in this area from Barnes & Noble.

jpostlewait

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »

numa

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
Some people just have more money than they know what to do with!!

All because of the VAST improvements in efficiency, teamwork, and excitement at each and every bright new day we gained with C3d.  .  Everyone in the office is extremely excited about C3d. We are taking a company camping trip this weekend, a 'retreat' to reward everyone for successfully completing so many profitable projects with C3d.

We never have been able to design and get approved and build a subdivision with near the quality and time savings as we do now with C3d.  In fact, I'm so good at it, I'm offering a training seminar.  It's a LOW LOW price, email me for details.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:01 PM »
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 10:03:30 AM »

It's good stuff.

To be fair JP you have previously shown an great deal of bias towards JW, et al. 

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »

All because of the VAST improvements in efficiency, teamwork, and excitement at each and every bright new day we gained with C3d.  .  Everyone in the office is extremely excited about C3d. We are taking a company camping trip this weekend, a 'retreat' to reward everyone for successfully completing so many profitable projects with C3d.

We never have been able to design and get approved and build a subdivision with near the quality and time savings as we do now with C3d.  In fact, I'm so good at it, I'm offering a training seminar.  It's a LOW LOW price, email me for details.

Somehow I doubt this book really changed the way you use or view C3D. :roll:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 10:17:01 AM »
There was talk one time about making up some kind of Sarcasm tags (like quote and code).  Mebbe we should revisit that thought.  :-D

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 10:22:40 AM »
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

scout

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 12:51:40 AM »

Somehow I doubt this book really changed the way you use or view C3D. :roll:

Not likely.

However, since there are only a handful of really talented implementors out there (such as yourself) and several thousand users, college classes and such that are hungry for help... someone had to step up to the plate and hammer something out.  It isn't the same as having an experienced human over your shoulder, that's for sure.  And there are definite gaps and room for improvement, but out of the small collection of bound paper out there that calls itself Civil 3D learning material... you get my point.

scout

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 12:53:01 AM »

It's good stuff.

To be fair JP you have previously shown an great deal of bias towards JW, et al. 

If you take amazon's truncation, that should be Dana Probert, E.I.T., et al.

Of course he shows bias. Last year at AU he got hugs from each author. Hugs go a long way.