Author Topic: Teaching Autocad  (Read 7159 times)

Kate M

Re: Teaching Autocad
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »
Just reminiscing about some of my earlier training methods . . . Anybody else take a sheet of paper, physically cut a rectangular hole in the middle and then try and explain this 'new thing called paperspace'?
I always used the "director's booth" analogy; ten cameras, one wall full of monitors.
Ooh, good one.

CADaver

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 09:31:31 PM »
Just reminiscing about some of my earlier training methods . . . Anybody else take a sheet of paper, physically cut a rectangular hole in the middle and then try and explain this 'new thing called paperspace'?
I always used the "director's booth" analogy; ten cameras, one wall full of monitors.
Ooh, good one.
I've always liked it.  Use a football game as the "show" (model) an dthe blimp camera is a "plan view", "end-zone" camera is a "front view"  some camera is "zoomed" into just the quarterback, etc.

Bethrine

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »
Ooh, good one.
I've always liked it.  Use a football game as the "show" (model) an dthe blimp camera is a "plan view", "end-zone" camera is a "front view"  some camera is "zoomed" into just the quarterback, etc.

I learned it with a small, empty picture frame and a large drawing.