Author Topic: help helping others  (Read 19741 times)

yyou

help helping others
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2004, 01:20:12 PM »
Jassper, yes,  there are some exceptions.  My point is that engineers want to do Cad but very few are willing to learn how to do it the right way.  Like: they always turn blipmode off  :) just kidding, osnap, layers, forced colors...etc.  Another word, they need to learn all the basic before messing with the dwgs.

Few years back, I told an engineer that he had to use osnap tools.  After a few resistants like:  It's a waste of time or it's close enough..ect, he agreed to use them.  He then asked me to show hime to do arc.  The next thing I knew, he drew round corner ductwork by using arc instead of fillet.

Daron, Kate M is in diff type.  These are engineers who leaned Cad while in school then continued using it as a designer (EIT).  There are not many PE willing to learn Cad.  They just want to do it.

CADaver

help helping others
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 09:23:10 AM »
Quote from: yyou
My point is that engineers want to do Cad but very few are willing to learn how to do it the right way.  ... There are not many PE willing to learn Cad.  They just want to do it.
An experience not shared by all.  I have found that our engineers are more than willing to learn, if someone is more than willing to "teach".  By that I mean really "teach", not just throw out an odd command or two, but setup formal training classes.  After four years of college, sitting in a class is normal learning mode for many.  And I've also found, here, that degreed folks are more receptive to weekly "lunch-time-learning" sessions.

I don't think it's the engineers that are the problem, but rather the presentation.  But then again, I may be biased.