Author Topic: languages needed  (Read 1057 times)

ryandk

languages needed
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:24:59 AM »
When I open a "clean" template 2008 I get a messages stating that I may need to install cetain languages to view text correctly.  The languages it suggests are a few asian ones and one named indic.  Now, I went and installed the east asian language pack for windows and that took care of it telling me I needed asian languages, but I couldn't figure out what indic was.  The closest I got was that it might be an Indian language or from somewhere near the subcontinent.  However, I'd rather not have the users have to install all these language packs when they aren't needed.

The only fonts being used by default in the template's text styles are romans.shx and Swiss721 LT BT. Neither of these should need a language pack.  The questions:
1.  Does anybody know what indic is and if I did need to install something for it, what would that be?
2.  I can get rid of it if I purge enough dictionary entries using superpurge, but I can find any rhyme or reason as to which ones (no singular found)?  Do any of you guys know which ones I should aim for?  I don't really want to purge my template or all dictionary entries, right.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: languages needed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:39:45 AM »
Is this one of the "stock" templates that ships with ACAD?

Would it be easier to recreate the template?  I mean, what exactly do you have in there?

ryandk

Re: languages needed
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:28:48 AM »
It would probably be so, but what if they come back.  I don't know how they got there in the first place.

There isn't much in there besides some layers to get you going, a couple text styles.

I am using this with adt though, so I have display configs and that stuff set up.  I was thinking this was more of a base autocad type of question so I posted it in this forum though.

Ryan