Author Topic: Does someone have an Batch Recover, Purge, Save, Close..  (Read 2899 times)

Andrew H

Does someone have an Batch Recover, Purge, Save, Close..
« on: July 07, 2004, 10:58:45 AM »
Does anyone have an BATCH Recover, Purge, Qsave, and Close lisp they're willing to share? I just started getting into writing my own lisps and am not that advanced yet.

hendie

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 11:32:05 AM »
doesn't Script Pro have something very similar in it's sample files ?

Andrew H

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 11:57:04 AM »
I have looked at the Hurricane, Multi-Batch, and M8tools  (which most offer a trail period, but up to $50 to purchase), but I was wondering if anyone had a FREE one already created that they were willing to share.

I just downloaded the EZ Script Pro and will give it a look. Thanks for the tip.

hendie

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 03:27:14 AM »
Andrew,
create a script file using this ( any text editor and save as myfile ).scr
Code: [Select]
audit
y
purge
a
n
purge
a
n
purge
a
n
purge
a
n
    ( <- extra <return> here)

Note: the extra paragraph return at the end of the script is necessary for Autocad to read the file correctly.
load the script in Script Pro, select the drawings you want to run the script on, save the project and hit go.

I've used the AUDIT command because you cannot run the Recover command from within a drawing, then purged a couple of times. You can add any other commands you wish to the script such as Zoom, extents, etc
each line in the script is just the command and reponse you would use at the autocad command line.

when Script Pro finishes, you can check the status of each file the script has run on in the SP window. This will show you if the routine has failed on any drawings.

I've used SP successfully on batches of several hundred drawings at a time
let us know if you need any more help

Andrew H

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 10:15:30 AM »
After playing around with it last night, I finally figured out how to use it. I tried using their purge.scr script, but after doing some investigation it turns out their purge is actually wblock which will work, but if you're running 2005 and wblock a drawing ACAD automatically saves that file in the 2004 format even if your save settings are set to 2000 format. (I know we should be utilizing the 2004 format, but I have one designer who just won't install 2004 on his computer, so everyone has to save the drawings in 2000 format for him, but I'm working on getting him to convert).

I renamed their purge script to wblock, then created my own purge script:
[code]
-purge
a

n

[code]
Then tried running the script on a few drawings and still couldn't get it to work right. But after playing around a little more, I figured out that you have to save the project before it will actually run the script. After saving my project as TEST the purge script ran beautifully and will now script on.

Thanks for the help, and I'll chat to yeah later.

Andrew H