Author Topic: problem running demo  (Read 5054 times)

FengK

problem running demo
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »
installed beta 18. tried to run examples in C:\Program Files\OpenDCL Studio\Examples.
always get the same error:

Project failed to load or reload!
The file could not be read, or the project is already loaded and has active dialogs.

btw, in the help file (OpenDCL.chm), those "odcl_*" functions haven't been renamed to "dcl_*" yet.

Thanks.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: problem running demo
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »

David {DW} is updating the Help as we speak Kelie.

At the moment , I cant think of any explicit reason why you'd get those messages with the samples after a new install.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 09:13:25 PM »
I noticed that when its installed, it puts the arx file here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL
I haven't looked at the examples to see how they're coded, but wouldn't you need to have C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL in AutoCAD's support path list so it will find/load the arx?

FengK

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:18:49 PM »
I did copy the .arx file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL to the directory where i've been loading the OpenDCL arx. nobody else has problem running the demo?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:25:48 PM by Kelie »

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 09:29:02 PM »
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, sorry.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 10:00:06 PM »
With the install of the runtime ARX ( using the .MSI) into C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL, the ARX is registered for demand loading into AutoCAD.
With the "DEMANDLOAD" system Variable set to 2 or 3, if you enter OpenDCL at the commandLine or (command "OpenDCL") from code the ARX will load if not already loaded.

Personally I have (command "OpenDCL") added to my MNL file and have removed all subsequent testing in LSP or VLX files.

If you choose to manually load the ARX (from anywhere) the functionality of the ARX will not be affected.
That being said, registration and demand loading has some advantages for maintenance and version control.

kwb

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 11:16:33 PM »
ahhhh ..

the old "is your Support Path set" trick.

FengK

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 04:03:29 AM »
i know... but the error message given really threw me off. i mean the second part "or the project is already loaded and has active dialogs".