Author Topic: Five Stages of Civil3Disillusion  (Read 2911 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Five Stages of Civil3Disillusion
« on: July 07, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »
For those who missed this little gem, Dana added the " Five Stages of Civil3Disillusion" to her blog on June 30 CIVIL3DROCKS. She even talks about coming here for guidance. :kewl: Check it out!

jpostlewait

Re: Five Stages of Civil3Disillusion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »
You just have to admire the Lady's sense of humor.
She's a gem.

Dinosaur

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:30:22 AM »
In a last ditch moment of desperation, you post to the Swamp. Someone reaches out of the mire to remind you that you are not alone. Thank heaven for the Swamp.
But Dana  :| . . . "last ditch"?   :oops: . . . "desperation"?   :cry: . . . well I guess someone has to finish last.  :-D

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »
I think that there are far more levels than are mentioned.

A few of my favorites in no particular order:

When you discover that MAP, inside C3D will NOT query any objects created by C3D.

When you discover that MAP will NO longer offer the user the option to use DBase 5 format when attaching a data source.

When MAP reports attach EXTRANEOUS data to the TXT file one writes in the report mode.

When you discover that in order to lower the start or end invert across a pipe run, that only ONE pipe is adjusted and the remainder of the network remains unadjusted. Requiring the user to edit every pipe invert in the entire run manually.

After five releases the Alignment object and the parcels are STILL not dynamically linked.

The the corridor model STILL produces what Autodesk refers to as "malformed data" in your cross sections unless you manually create the surface boundaries.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dbreigprobert

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 03:28:05 AM »
all in love, my brothers.

and you missed the reference in this post
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/2007/04/techcamp-survival-guide.html

Dinosaur

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »
Dana!  Welcome back . . . I can only imagine what sort of weird cravings have you poking around the swamp water at two-thirty-something on a Sunday morning.  I hope you are doing well.
I the even you had not yet heard of the little incremental save routine developed here last week HERE is a link to the thread.  There are two versions - a lisp routine and a button macro . . . I loaded both.