Author Topic: Renaming Layout Tabs in 2007  (Read 1433 times)

Robb

Renaming Layout Tabs in 2007
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
Is there a quick way to automated way to rename a layout or batch rename layouts of a selected group of drawings? If I do a saveas the layout will be named what the previous drawing was. I have to go into each drawing and right+click > rename.

Is there an easier way maybe in sheetset manager?

Birdy

Re: Renaming Layout Tabs in 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:38:58 AM »
I think the SSM does this kind of thing, though we don't use it.... so not a lot of help.
Try this

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:54:52 AM »
What do ou want to rename it to?  It can be automated, but you need to give us a little more info.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

sinc

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 10:05:55 AM »
I think the SSM does this kind of thing, though we don't use it.... so not a lot of help.
Try this

I looked through that document, but I didn't see anything about renaming layout tabs.

As far as I've been able to tell, this is one of the many weaknesses in the SSM.  There is a way to rename the DWG file (right-click on the page in the SSM dialog and select "Rename and renumber..."), but I haven't found any way to rename a layout.

And if you rename the layout in the DWG, it breaks the connection to the SSM.  Whenever I've changed the name of the layout, I've had to go into the SSM and reattach the layout to the sheet set.

Robb

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
Sorry I didnt mention, I'm using AutoCAD 2007

In SSM I can rename filenames and I guess you could call it the alias but cannot rename the layout.

Whats happening is if I end up renaming sheets or filenames the layout name needs to change or people (such as myself) might get confused.. its just cleaner to keep it updated with the correct name. I usually just leave the default tab name "Layout1" but if I insert a sheet through SSM it will assign the layout a name automatically.

I just need a way to batch rename the layout or revert the layout name back to its default, "Layout1".

Thanks