Author Topic: Autolisp/AutoCAD Help Forum :lol:  (Read 13239 times)

t-bear

Autolisp/AutoCAD Help Forum :lol:
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 01:19:29 PM »
I knew SPD from CADalog, among others, and he's not the type to "hijack" someone els's people.....he just wants to expand the possibilities for information exchange.  For that, I'm grateful.  The demise of CADalog left a hole that needs to be filled. I didn't jump to The Swamp" right away and I don't intend to leave here, but.....no one forum is going to attract all the CADders looking for answers, and no one forum will have ALL the answers to all the Q's.  In my opinion, the more the merrier (as Jassper would say....LOL). Go for it SPD....I'll be "around".......

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 01:21:59 PM »
i aggree with the rest though make the colors softer  ouch  :shock: see how pleasant the swamp is ahhhhhhh

M-dub

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 01:22:39 PM »
I didn't mean I'd never go to his site...I just mean that I spend enough time here as it is, so if I found another site to spend the same amount of time at, I'd never get anything done around here.  I'll likely end up using it as a secondary resource.  I'm not trying to p!$$ in anyone's pool either... :wink:

M-dub

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 01:23:38 PM »
Quote from: eloquintet
i aggree with the rest though make the colors softer  ouch  :shock: see how pleasant the swamp is ahhhhhhh

Cheers to that!

VerticalMojo

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 02:14:21 PM »
Thanks shade..... Maybe one day I will check it out.

But for now, the Swamp is my home and I really don’t have too much time to go other places & the job only allows the swamp to be on my computer.... But do appreciate the invite :) . Good luck to ya!

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 03:03:08 PM »
Quote from: VerticalMojo
& the job only allows the swamp to be on my computer....

hows that VM ?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

M-dub

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 03:09:55 PM »
I have a lot of websites blocked here too.  Maybe his blocks all of them and allows only the few manually picked...?

VerticalMojo

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 03:41:27 PM »
Quote from: Mark Thomas
Quote from: VerticalMojo
& the job only allows the swamp to be on my computer....

hows that VM ?

I’m not sure the technical aspect..... But we have to request access to a website in order to get on it..... Any other site I can’t get in, I mean.... there are few sites that I’m able to get on.... but its very limited. I’m allowed the Swamp cause well.... I think they looked @ it and decided it was a very professional place and thought it could help us out. I guess the good thing is I have no pop ups, and I tend to get more work accomplished. :)

Craig

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2004, 03:47:58 PM »
It is an open market and if he wants to advertise, thats just fine. If you don't, no one will even know aobut it unless your savvy enough to get the search engines to put you at the top.

I do agree I think it was kind of tacky to make your first post an advertisement but since this is an open forum he has the right. What I would have done is post to theswamp and have your web site in your signature. Advertisment, but subtle.

The only problem I see with me frequenting the new site are those horrid colors. Dude, if you want a steady support base of users, I think you're gonna have to go with more pleasant colors. Purple, red, yellow, bright green, etc...those should all be left out of your color choices.

Good luck to you

Craig

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2004, 03:50:57 PM »
Another thing, I know you want to be taken seriously about this and IMHO you need to lose all the ads. That alone would drive me away. This may be a free board for you but there are many others that you could use that are free, like this one for example, that have no ads.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »
Quote from: Craig
Another thing, I know you want to be taken seriously about this and IMHO you need to lose all the ads. That alone would drive me away. This may be a free board for you but there are many others that you could use that are free, like this one for example, that have no ads.

too true
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

CADaver

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2004, 06:05:28 PM »
Hey, I'm always looking for another place to exude my grace and charm.  You never know when I'm gonna get the boot an dneed a place to light.

But I have to agree with the others about the color thing... gak!

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2004, 06:19:35 PM »
CADaver... where the heck have you been.... I haven't had any good debates in the last few days... I am beginning to feel neglected...

t-bear

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2004, 07:38:53 PM »
I haven't had any good debates in the last few days... I am beginning to feel neglected...

Sound married, don't they?  :roll:   :lol:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2004, 09:03:29 PM »
take it back teddie.....or ... or ... or I'll ..... uh just live with your insults....