Author Topic: Autolisp/AutoCAD Help Forum :lol:  (Read 13237 times)

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
Autolisp/AutoCAD Help Forum :lol:
« on: July 05, 2004, 04:34:43 PM »
Since the forum shut down at Cadalog, I decided to start my own forum to help those who need it.  Hopefully my site can become as helpful as this one and Cadalog's was.

Visit my site at http://www.spdcad.cjb.net/

See you there. :D
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

Ron Heigh

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 04:44:33 PM »
Why would we come to a new forum when this one never misses the answer.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »
Well, I can see why someone might want to go to another forum, AND I can see why it might be beneficial. Personally I frequented sevedral forums until just recently when I became more involved in other activities. Will I visit Shade's, I don't know..we'll have to see...I say go for it Shade....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Ron Heigh

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 05:15:31 PM »
Seems to me he is just spamming his website, trying to steal the user base Mark has worked so hard to develop.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 05:23:07 PM »
His board is very hard to look at, makes the eyes bleed. :(
I probably won't go back unless some changes are made. :(

He also makes it sound like theSWAMP is closing down:
Quote from: Shade
Since the forum shut down at Cadalog, I decided to start my own forum to help those who need it. Hopefully my site can become as helpful as this one and Cadalog's was.

Not very nice, as this site was just given a GREAT upgrade over the weekend. theSWAMP is here to stay. :D

Thanks again, Mark. :D
I drink beer and I know things....

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 07:36:44 PM »
I am afraid I would have to side with Keith on this one. After all, if you remember; a lot of people came to this site from cadalog forum, while it was still existing and heavily advertised by some of the users! No one claim at the time that people were diverted to theSwamp. Mark did an excellent job, but since when free enterprise and competition are no longer mottos in U.S?

M-dub

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 08:01:41 PM »
Yup,
I'd have to say...I'm a lifer here...
When I can get all the answers I need here, why go anywhere else?

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 08:09:58 PM »
I say it's a free market, and if another fellow can produce a useful site all the power to him.

Having said that I don't see myself hanging my hat at Shade's place (no offence intended) -- theswamp is not too hot, not too cold, it's just right thanks. :)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

SPDCad

• Bull Frog
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 08:38:43 PM »
I not saying to switch to my site.  What I am asking for is; for you to tell people about my site and most important of all stop by to help out.

Helping people is what my site will be all about

I am sure Mark will tell you the same goes for 'The Swamp'.  
No one site can answer all your questions but maybe several site can.
   Why would I want to steal people from a site I like to visit myself.  I plan to help out more here too.
   Its not like I am getting payed to run a forum.  I am just offering my services to those who need it free of charge.
   I also plan to advertise 'The Swamp' on my site and to refer  people here when I can't answer a question or when soneone has already answered it here.
AutoCAD 2010, w/ OpenDCL

visit: http://reachme.at/spd_designs

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 09:18:34 PM »
I'm just curious Shade, what was your user name on the cadalog forum?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

hendie

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 01:23:58 AM »
Quote from: MP
I say it's a free market, and if another fellow can produce a useful site all the power to him.

freedom of speech, the power to choose

if we didn't have that, we'd all still be over at cadalog or whatever site came before that. Competition is no bad thing (it'll keep Mark on his toes  :P )

that being said, I think perhaps the original post could have been a little bit less brash

Ron Heigh

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 09:01:42 AM »
Its different when it is someone advertising that has more than one post.
This guy registered to advertise.

hendie

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 09:03:56 AM »
good point, I never really noticed that

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 09:56:48 AM »
First let me say that my intentions are not to start any kind of controversy here, but......

I remember Shade from the Cadalog forums. I don't know how many posts he had and I don't remember the extent of his expertise or quality of responses, quite honestly I don't care, but I think that while his first post was stating that he wanted to start a forum of his own, it also stated that this forum provides alot of AutoCAD help for those in need of it, and that the Cadalog site "was" providing that help, if you take it any other way, you fail to

I do not know about everyone here, but my thoughts are....

Most everyone here visits other forums regularly, some of you visit multiple forums, I know ... I have seen you there ... dczland, cadalog, vbexpresso, cadtutor, eng-tips, cadchat, autodesk discussion forums, paug and tbaug among others .... many of you have likely seen me there as well....many of you have never seen me there.... and never will... because for whatever reason, I have not registered ... the point is, that if you do not want to visit another forum then don't, it is not a big deal...but I suspect many will, and if Shade wants to do it then I say more power to him...The swamp is here to stay as far as I can tell and another forum is not likely to cause it's demise, if it does, then that either says volumes about the people who visit(ed) the demised forum, or the demised forum itself. Personally I think it might have been in poor taste to have his first post state that he wanted to start another forum, but that aside, wanting to help others is an admirable thing to do....and all of the complaining in the world will not change that ....
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 10:50:11 AM »
Thanks Keith.

Sometimes we forget these things when something hits us sideways. :)
We all need to be more understanding of what others want to do, especially when all they want to do is help. :)
I drink beer and I know things....