Author Topic: Problem getting routine to run  (Read 2903 times)

ELOQUINTET

Problem getting routine to run
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »
We have a routine we've been using in Acad 2006 but I just got word from a user that it gives the error below in 2008 but still works in 2006. I tried it on my computer and it doesn't work in either 2006 or 2008. I'm thinking I need to upgrade something but not sure what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

VBA Runtime error '-2145386476 (80200014)':
Key not found

Murphy

Re: Problem getting routine to run
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:38:55 PM »
Can you please post the code and show us what line it is erroring out on?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »
Hmmm I knew that was coming and was going to try to but I then realized that the person who wrote it who no longer works here password protected it so I can't open it. AAAAARGGGGH  :pissed: I will have to crack it later this week then will be able to analyze what's going on. The thing I don't understand is that it works on my coworkers machine in 2006 but not mine anymore? Any clue what could cause this to happen

Arizona

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »
A difference in the two set-ups?
What does the program do in general?

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »
Missing reference??

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
basically the program draws a reflected view of a shade on a radius. The tube diameter and rol diameter and the radius can be modified using reactors. I don't use it that much as we don't do that many radiused shade assemblies but when I do it is very valuable. I was thinking it is a reference problem too but cannot check until I can view the code. I guess I'll have to wait a few days.

DaveW

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 01:26:57 AM »
It sounds like your are missing a registry key value or string.

Compare a working workstations reg to the one that does not work.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »
In my experience a "key not found" error generally refers to something missing ... a layer, linetype, shape or some other innocuous item that is hard to pinpoint.

Try running the routine from your installation of 2006, but using the drawing he says works in 2006, but does not work in 2008.

Something I have seen employees at some places do is make the program find a file on a network share. If that file no longer exists, meaning the company removed it from the system because the employee is no longer there or the ex-employee removed it when he left, the routine cannot find it, thus cannot continue.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

DaveW

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »
Your right Keith. It is proably a layer, Thanks for the correction.