Author Topic: wood hatches  (Read 1911 times)

ryandk

wood hatches
« on: June 15, 2007, 10:29:04 AM »
We have a drawing that was probably made in 2000 or maybe 14.  The wood hatches in it do not appear righ at any scale or rotation.  Example:  Wood_2 is a smooth pattern like you'd use for a 2x4.  In this drawing it appears as if the lines are broken and jagged.

If I just copy it into a clean template the problem is still there.  If I delete the hatch and just copy the linework to a clean template, then rehatch, all is fine.  However, There are a bunch of xrefs I'd rather not have to rebuild in the drawing, plus a lot of these wood hatches that I'd have to delete and then rehatch.

Does anyone have an idea what might be set wrong or may have become corrupt?

Thanks,
Ryan

Kate M

Re: wood hatches
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »
Are you working far from the origin? Hatches tend to get confused when they're really off in space -- something to do with rounding and the pattern definition.

Depending on what version you're running, SNAPBASE or HPORIGIN should fix your problem.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:54:46 PM »
Some hatches in older drawings (R14) are scaled incorrectly because of the changes in the program ... The only solution I have found so far is to

a) Change the hatch scale on the offending items to 1/25.4
b) create the hatch in a new drawing and paste back into the original drawing.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

ryandk

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:01:22 AM »
In regards to Kate's post, I'm using ADT 2004.  It turns out the drawing was actually created in 2004.  The user's perspective of old and mine must be drastically different.

HPORIGIN isn't a command in 2004, so that's a wash. As for SNAPBASE, I changed it but it didn't help at all.

In response to Keith's post,  I changed the scale of the hatch accordingly, it actually made it look worse.  I did go ahead and copy a hatch in from a clean template.  It pastes in looking fine.  However, when I remake the hatch that was already in there it is still out of whack.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Ryan

Kate M

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »
As for SNAPBASE, I changed it but it didn't help at all.

Try picking a point near your hatch, then run HATCHEDIT on the hatch and click OK without changing anything. (I forgot to give you those steps before.)

ryandk

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 04:42:59 PM »
Hey Kate,  thanks for the addendum to your suggestion.  It worked!  Thanks for the help you guys.

Ryan