Author Topic: Not so much a standard...  (Read 21383 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Not so much a standard...
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2004, 09:58:22 PM »
Quote from: CADaver
I think what really did it in was the multi-button puck on a digitizer, the buttons weren't a soft click ya' kinda had to mash 'em pretty good.

I used a Calcomp 16 button cordless digitizer for many years...I used to joke that the only thing that ever got exercise was my three middle fingers on my right hand...and now I find myself changing up and doing other things because of the pain in my fingers on my right hand....I still have not yet tried switching to the left... and I am reluctant to even think about it, but it might just be the only option in a few more years...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

CADaver

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2004, 12:22:56 AM »
Quote from: Keith
I used a Calcomp 16 button cordless digitizer for many years...I used to joke that the only thing that ever got exercise was my three middle fingers on my right hand...and now I find myself changing up and doing other things because of the pain in my fingers on my right hand....I still have not yet tried switching to the left... and I am reluctant to even think about it, but it might just be the only option in a few more years...
Mine was a Summasketch with the 12 button puck.  The pain started in the back of my right hand one Wednesday morning, by Friday night my forearm was noticably swollen.  Then everything went back to normal over the weekend and stayed okay until Wed. again.  This cycle lasted about 6 weeks getting a little worse and happening a little sooner each time.  Then we hit a crunch and I was putting in 16 hour days for a couple weeks with no weekends off.  By the end of the 2nd week I couldn't close my right hand.  

The tendon was swollen 3 times it's size and the doc said it was toast.  He'd never seen an MRI like it before, apparently there were irrepairable stess fissures length-wise completely through the tendon.  That was over 8 years ago and I still can't use my right index finger on a mouse for more than a few minutes without a couple hours of pain.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2004, 10:16:27 AM »
I know my right index finger is the one that pains me the most
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie