Author Topic: Not so much a standard...  (Read 21385 times)

CADaver

Not so much a standard...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 02:40:03 PM »
Quote from: t-bear
Yah...baybe they'll come out with a "3d Lite" option.....LOL
A lot of our 3D objects are blocks (multiple insert) which helps *a little bit*, but not much......
Still, I couldn't do the design dwgs I do in a 2D environment.  Piping going every which-a-way, valves and instrumentation hung all over the place....I'd NEVER find the "crashes" in 2D!

We used to do it in 2D, 20 years ago, right.  Except then the crashes were found when they tried to install the pipe... oops.

We use a load of "unit" blocks for steel, tray, conduit and pipe, usually built parametrically as needed, and then we have every fitting you can think of built into a series of fitting directories for dialog box/menu-driven installation.

whodo

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 09:40:14 AM »
Quote from: M-dub
That's almost like Microstation...That can be dangerous if you don't know it saves the drawing after every single command.
Not a bad idea if everyone knows what's going on, but I think the Vent proves that not everyone does...;)

This option can be shut off in microstation so that it only
saves when you tell it to just like autocad but I digress.

yyou

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2004, 12:23:04 PM »
I have set QS as qsave and almost everytime I look away from the screen, usually at the mark-ups, or zoom out, my left hand automatically type qs and space bar. (zoom commands are done by my rt hand).  It is a habbit that I'd like to share.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 01:29:19 PM »
Quote from: yyou
I have set QS as qsave and almost everytime I look away from the screen, usually at the mark-ups, or zoom out, my left hand automatically type qs and space bar. (zoom commands are done by my rt hand).  It is a habbit that I'd like to share.

Of course there's always "Ctl+S" for a qsave as well.
I drink beer and I know things....

t-bear

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 10:00:30 AM »
Personally, I use the right quad of my d-pad on my SUUU-per sweeeet Nostromo n52 ... see here.  Now I don't own stock in this or anything (wish!!), but this little rascal has some awsome potential as a CAD tool.....think about it.

CADaver

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 07:10:59 AM »
Personally, I use the right quad of my d-pad on my SUUU-per sweeeet Nostromo n52 ... see here.  Now I don't own stock in this or anything (wish!!), but this little rascal has some awsome potential as a CAD tool.....think about it.
There ain't a left-handed version, dang-it.

t-bear

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 08:39:06 AM »
CADaver...
I'm a southpaw too amigo....(we're the only ones here in our "right" minds)....it only takes about a week to learn to "mouse" with your off hand....seems like forever, but......
I've been using it for about a week now, and even having to go to the cheat-sheet now and then and struggling with the mouse, I'm about as fast as before I got it.  Gimme another week or two and I'll be cruisin'....

CADaver

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 12:49:18 PM »
CADaver...
I'm a southpaw too amigo....(we're the only ones here in our "right" minds)....it only takes about a week to learn to "mouse" with your off hand....seems like forever, but......
Nah, ya' see I'm right-handed, but way too many years of mousin' with my right hand burned up the flexor tendon in the back of my right forearm.  I can only mouse for half an hour or so right-handed before it swells up and stops workin' all together.  So now I mouse lefty, and use my right hand ring finger on the keyboard.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2004, 01:14:42 PM »
CADaver..... that must be murder
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

yyou

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2004, 02:35:42 PM »
Cadaver,   How long had you done Cad before you got the prob?  I've been cading for 16 yrs. Recently I have anthritis, once in a while, I could not use my rt hand at all for couple days.

t-bear

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2004, 03:55:07 PM »
I've been swith-hittin for a couple of years now ... arthur in wrist & thumb.  After about two hrs I'd swap hands.  This kinda divides the hand movements between left & right.  So far, it's actually helping some.....

CADaver

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 07:33:36 PM »
Quote from: Keith
CADaver..... that must be murder
It was a PITB at first, but you can used to nearly anything.  When the left hand goes, I retire.

CADaver

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 07:36:04 PM »
Quote from: yyou
Cadaver,   How long had you done Cad before you got the prob?  I've been cading for 16 yrs. Recently I have anthritis, once in a while, I could not use my rt hand at all for couple days.
It took about 12 years, but the last 5 of those were 65-70 hr weeks.  I think what really did it in was the multi-button puck on a digitizer, the buttons weren't a soft click ya' kinda had to mash 'em pretty good.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2004, 08:30:29 PM »
T-Bear switch hits ??!!! Caint tell about them Mountain Men.

t-bear

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 08:41:28 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Somehow I KNEW Dent'd notice.......