Author Topic: How to "bo" the look-liked closed areas?  (Read 1706 times)

litss

How to "bo" the look-liked closed areas?
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »
I need to find out all the "closed" areas, and "bo" a new boundary for each one.

of all the areas, some r closed plines, some r crossing-lines, and some have gaps (which the "bo" may fails). There r points in each of them to help the use of 'bo".

my problem is: how to find out those that have gaps, which means to give the "bo" a fuzz. I even find no way to identify if the "bo" fails or not....

I've tried this way:
 (if (command "bo" ......) (....want to do) (....not to do));if

no use at all.....
don't know the return value of "command".. is that "nil" and "t"?

help

sinc

Re: How to "bo" the look-liked closed areas?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »
I presume you do not have Map?

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you want to do something that would be relatively simple with Drawing Cleanup and a Polygon Topology.  You need Map for that, though.

litss

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »
what's map? a command? or a soft?

u undertanding me right. but I've got no way to realize that by lsp...

sinc

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 09:09:08 AM »
Autodesk Map3D is one of the vertical applications.  Map functionality is also bundled into Land Desktop and Civil-3D, and maybe others.  But it's not in Vanilla Autocad.

And it wouldn't really work with Lisp, anyway.  It's more a feature of the program, which makes it very easy for the user to do the type of cleanup you want to do, but Drawing Cleanup can't be done from a Lisp routine.  If you really need a programmatical way to do the cleanup, well, it's an extremely complex task, and not even Autodesk has a completely-programmatical solution.  You would need a full AI built into the code.  The best solution Autodesk has come up with so far is Map, and it still requires a user to provide input to the process.  It's not a completely-automatic procedure, but it works well.  Unfortunately, you must have Map in order to take advantage of it.

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »
PERHAPS THIS WILL WORK for you.  If not, there are some other suggestions in the thread which may be of use.