Author Topic: plotting and zooming 3D  (Read 5166 times)

Fish

plotting and zooming 3D
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
Hey all, I have a drawing in 3D that I want to plot with no hidden lines, however, when I do a 3D hidden in the shade plot of the properties for that viewport it prints in color, if I do regular hidden it prints with my plot file as normal, it doesn't hide my 3D lines though.  Is there a variable or something I'm missing?  Also, maybe this is common in 3D but for zooming in my drawing that contains vports, it actually doesn't zoom into the area it looks like it changes my vport scale???  My vport is not active so this doesn't make sense.  Advice.

CADaver

Re: plotting and zooming 3D
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »
Set the viewport to hideplot

Josh Nieman

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »
there's a property of the viewport called "shadeplot"  that controls how it's plotted.

As for it zooming and all that... it's a bug in Autocad that no one will admit, and I can't find a solution for.

The best workaround is to always have the viewport DISPLAY as wireframe and only PLOT as hidden.

CADaver

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:21:11 PM »
As for it zooming and all that... it's a bug in Autocad that no one will admit, and I can't find a solution for.
Locked Viewport?? Which bug is this??

Josh Nieman

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 01:28:55 PM »
Locked Viewport?? Which bug is this??

yea, in a locked viewport.  It may be with video cards I don't know, but all I know is that I was using a "recommended" video card at the time, and any viewport that was displayed as hidden or anything other than 2D Wireframe, would move around in the viewport, would acceleratingly zoom in relation to mouse movement... and this is zooming in paper space, not model space with vport active.  paperspace zooming.  Associative dimensions would remain fixed, all objects would BE in the same place (you could hover the cursor on my machine over a piece and it'd highlight in the right spot, though show zoomed way the heck in somewhere else in the vport)   vurry odd.

Fish

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »
Set the viewport to hideplot
How do you do that?

there's a property of the viewport called "shadeplot"  that controls how it's plotted.
Josh, thats what I'm doing, in the shadeplot I'm doing 3d hidden and it plots in color.

I thought the zooming was odd, thanks guys.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 01:56:01 PM »
Josh, thats what I'm doing, in the shadeplot I'm doing 3d hidden and it plots in color.

I thought the zooming was odd, thanks guys.

Yea, sorry to say that's what it'll do.  It's lame and stupid but the 3D Hidden plot style ignores all color table settings.  I use "Hidden" which is the old -shademode "H" style that's been good since 2000 at least, and earlier I'm sure.

You're having problems with regular Hidden?

<edit> fixed quote  Mav
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:05:34 PM by Maverick® »

Fish

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
Okay, I'm getting confused here, I have one drawing where the hidden in shademode works fine.  Lines are hidden and it prints with my plot file.

The next drawing it doesn't hide my lines and it doesn't print every layer.........strange.  This drawing is a topo drawing with contours would that throw any bugs into it?

DaveW

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »
Make a custom button and put this in it:

^C^Cmv;hi;on;all;;

With your viewports set to 2D wireframe and closed, click on it and then try to plot.