Author Topic: Lisp for attrebiutes  (Read 8101 times)

tomohdi

• Mosquito
Lisp for attrebiutes
« on: January 05, 2023, 10:28:39 AM »
Hi,
I am new here, and I hope here I am posting is a proper place for this request. I am a surveyor, and I work with TBC software for my daily job, including line work. One of the outputs of TBC is DWG, which I export my job to. In the current project at hand, we have to collect extra data at a site like for light street pol; we record the height, the number of arms and ID number, and so on for other features. All these data will be recorded as attributes in the data collector and populated in TBC for each feature point, symbol, line, and block. My issue is in the DWG file TBC exports; these attributes will appear in properties as extended data under property sets. I am looking for a lisp or program that takes these data and adds them to the assigned feature as attributes. I am sharing a sample of the cad file and some screenshots to explain my point. I appreciate any help.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
Re: Lisp for attrebiutes
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 08:33:33 AM »
I'm not familiar with TBC, but if you are creating shapefiles with attributes, you should be able to import that data (MAPIMPORT) into C3D (or MAP) and bring in the attributes. I believe you need a block defined with the attributes named to match. In C3D you can also use "User Defined Properties" to bring in point data with custom attributes as COGO points (and symbolize/label using that data).
Hope this helps.
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager
Wetland Studies and Solutions

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

tomohdi

• Mosquito
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 01:04:20 AM »
Dear CHulse,
Thank you for getting back to me. My daily workflow has several files processed by TBC, and the best way to get these files to cad is in DWG format. I did try to work with shapes files, but there were better practices for me. Can anyone create a lisp or program in C3D to add the property sets data to the point or block existing attributes? And I don't mind paying for it.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 02:03:30 PM »
But what is the native file format in the source software (TBC)? If TBC is creating, or can export a shapefile, then the import into cad blocks is simple with MAP/C3D. No custom programming needed.
I'd need to see the source data to better understand what you are working with.
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

tomohdi

• Mosquito
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 08:30:20 AM »
But what is the native file format in the source software (TBC)? If TBC is creating, or can export a shapefile, then the import into cad blocks is simple with MAP/C3D. No custom programming needed.
I'd need to see the source data to better understand what you are working with.
Sorry for the late reply. I attached a shape file.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 04:46:34 PM »
So if you have shapefiles, you just need a block with attributes (tags) that match the attributes in the shapefile.
Have a look at this video:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/screencast/Main/Details/6ed0b7ea-4027-4a72-9e93-df0f2ed6ca52.html
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023