Author Topic: ( C3D '08 ) curve points  (Read 2928 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
( C3D '08 ) curve points
« on: May 08, 2007, 03:48:55 PM »
How do you folks create points along a curve with an interpolated elevation in C3D?

TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

sinc

Re: ( C3D '08 ) curve points
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
I usually turn objects into elevated feature lines and then use the STAKEFEATURES or PT2FEATURE command, both of which are found here:

http://www.ejsurveying.com/sincpacc3d.htm

PT2FEATURE will actually work with any linear or curve object except for splines and ellipses, but the STAKEFEATURES command only works with feature lines.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »
STAKEFEATURES is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Richard that's a nice piece of work.

TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

sinc

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:55 PM »
Thanks!  That routine started life as the PGRD routine for Land Desktop (also on our web site).  Jeff Mishler helped mutate that old Lisp routine into this new, improved C3D version.

One of the funny things I've been noticing about that pack is that different people seem to key in on different routines.  And it seems to be pretty evenly-spread; they all seem to have their fans.  Some people really like the STAKEFEATURES, some the PARCELOFFSET, etc.  I understand all of them, though - I use ALL the commands regularly.  (That's why I wrote them, after all... :-) )

Back when C3D 2008 was still trickling out to the country, I got an email from someone asking when I might have a 2008 version out.  He said he wasn't even bothering with C3D 2008 until he had the SincpacC3D for it...
 8-)

Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »
Just FYI Sinc et al, a little birdie told me the 3 point curve in a fieldbook ignoring the elevations will be fixes pretty soon. I'd love to say we're testing the solution, but you'd never get me to admit something like that.  8-)

sinc

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
That's good news.  Of course, the FBK system of linework import is still pretty weak, and really needs to be replaced, but this will be a good stop-gap measure...

Here's hoping they fix MCS/MCE, too...  our field guys really HATE the C3 command, and would much rather use MCS/MCE in most cases, but it suffers "elevation deficiencies" as well...