Author Topic: 2008 - Fieldbooks  (Read 2017 times)

JohnDodge1100

2008 - Fieldbooks
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
I am new to this place....I was referred here by a fellow helper.  I just got LDD 2008 with C3D and I am having problems with bringing in Fieldbooks...I know we need to be using C3D but it is coming.  Well when importing a fieldbook the description key are not working.  The symbols are not being brought in from the location outside of the drawing file itself.  I can do the same thing in 2007 and well it works great.  Same settings, and to make it funny, the description are getting renamed to the description that i have in the description key, but the symbol is not being brought over.  Any help would be helpful.

Thank you.

sinc

2008 - Fieldbooks
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:32:33 PM »
I am new to this place....I was referred here by a fellow helper.  I just got LDD 2008 with C3D and I am having problems with bringing in Fieldbooks...I know we need to be using C3D but it is coming.  Well when importing a fieldbook the description key are not working.  The symbols are not being brought in from the location outside of the drawing file itself.  I can do the same thing in 2007 and well it works great.  Same settings, and to make it funny, the description are getting renamed to the description that i have in the description key, but the symbol is not being brought over.  Any help would be helpful.

This should really be in its own topic.  Maybe an admin can break it out?

Anyway, haven't tried importing field data into LDD2008, since we've pretty much moved over to C3D.  But my first thought is do you have your Symbol Block Search Path set correctly on Point Settings->Insert?  Also look lower on the same tab, and make sure you are using the correct Point Label Style (and "Use Current Point Label Style when inserting points" should be checked).  If you aren't using the correct Point Label Style, go to Labels->Settings->Point Styles and select the correct one (which you may need to create).

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: 2008 - Fieldbooks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »
Of note, this issue occurs even during a(n) insert points operation.
However IF the user pre-inserts the symbol blocks to the file it then uses the symbols.
At least that is what I remember from our tests yesterday.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

JohnDodge1100

Re: 2008 - Fieldbooks
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »
Yes I have checked everything out.  ALL of the Settings match the Settings  in 2007.