Author Topic: upgrading  (Read 19099 times)

sinc

cleanup
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
I tend to lean towards the conspiracy theories, but I think it would be ridiculous not to accept the possibility that Autodesk has focused on new features more than working out old annoying bugs because that's what a majority of the users want. Go to the AUGI forums and check out the "wishlist" categories of each product and you see everyone wanting a particular feature or function.

Do you really think that's a good basis?

From what I've seen, half of the wishes on the AUGI forum are already possible, it's just that the poster is so unfamiliar with Autodesk software that he/she doesn't realize it...  And of course, I don't think I've ever posted a wish that Autodesk would fix bugs.  I thought the desire to use a product that isn't full of bugs was a given, and didn't realize Autodesk needed it expressed in wishlists before they would think it was important.  And I suppose I also just tend to think that the wish lists are for requests for new features, not requests for fixing existing features.  I don't know why I thought this, I just did, and I would not be surprised if others made this assumption as well.  When I find a feature that doesn't work, I report it to Autodesk through the MyFeedback page as a bug, and I will post about it on the regular newsgroups (especially if I discover a workaround), but I usually don't post it on the wishlist.  And when the next version comes out and the bug isn't fixed, I start to rant about it...   :wink:

dfarris75

cleanup
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2007, 08:34:19 AM »
Do you really think that's a good basis?

From what I've seen, half of the wishes on the AUGI forum are already possible, it's just that the poster is so unfamiliar with Autodesk software that he/she doesn't realize it...  And of course, I don't think I've ever posted a wish that Autodesk would fix bugs.  I thought the desire to use a product that isn't full of bugs was a given, and didn't realize Autodesk needed it expressed in wishlists before they would think it was important.  And I suppose I also just tend to think that the wish lists are for requests for new features, not requests for fixing existing features.  I don't know why I thought this, I just did, and I would not be surprised if others made this assumption as well.  When I find a feature that doesn't work, I report it to Autodesk through the MyFeedback page as a bug, and I will post about it on the regular newsgroups (especially if I discover a workaround), but I usually don't post it on the wishlist.  And when the next version comes out and the bug isn't fixed, I start to rant about it...   :wink:

Maybe it's time to flood the wishlists with requests to fix all the bugs.

Dinosaur

Re: upgrading
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
The only time I posted a wish list item it was to do nothing except and until they got all of the known bugs fixed . . . I don't know if they deleted it or it just got buried quickly, but I never was able to find it on the list and it obviously did not get their attention.