Author Topic: 1. Color and linetype shall be set bylayer.  (Read 26109 times)

Dent Cermak

1. Color and linetype shall be set bylayer.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2004, 01:38:56 PM »
Sure, all he has to do is load my linetype and set his layer to it. I'm telling you, these morons cannot figure that out. I'M DEALING WITH ARCHITECTS HERE!! They can't figure out why I go APE SNIT when the take my drawing, rotate it and move the "lower, left-hand corner" to 0,0.

CADaver

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2004, 01:50:15 PM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
Sure, all he has to do is load my linetype and set his layer to it. I'm telling you, these morons cannot figure that out. I'M DEALING WITH ARCHITECTS HERE!! They can't figure out why I go APE SNIT when the take my drawing, rotate it and move the "lower, left-hand corner" to 0,0.
hmmm... I guess I've been real lucky the last 20 years, not to have run into those guys.  We've had one or two trash a drawing, but if that's what they wish to do, then carry on.  Where I am, the contractor will build from my drawings, not the Archie's.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »
smart contractor!!

CADaver

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2004, 01:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
smart contractor!!
Not that, he's getting paid by us, not the Archie, so he knows who he has to please.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2004, 02:24:09 PM »
While I agree with you Dent, I also think that in the event another company uses YOUR drawings, they should either conform to your standards, or you should conform to theirs. Either way, it solves your problem.
That being said, if you send out a drawing that someone uses and it screws up the drawing, that becomes their problem, if'n they are too stupid to understand why, then they should not be using AutoCAD.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Bob Garner

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2004, 04:08:22 PM »
I can see a big problem is sharing our drawings with someone else, either inside our office or outside.

I always include a Read me.txt file in the same directory as my ACAD drawing file.  The Read me file is a standard form I fill out which describes the layering system used, method of plotting (by color, by line weights, or...), line types used, etc., as much information I can think of for someone else to understand how the drawing is set up.  This makes happy clients.  
Actually it's also necessary for my survival because I frequently set up drawings differently to accomplish different purposes and I can never remember how I set up the different drawings.

Bob G.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2004, 04:17:59 PM »
getting old's a bummer ain't it Dude.