Author Topic: Label Arbitrary Invert on Pipe  (Read 3535 times)

bmossman

Label Arbitrary Invert on Pipe
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
In Civil 3d 2007, Is there a way to label an arbitrary point on a pipe in plan view that will label the invert of a pipe?

Dinosaur

Re: Label Arbitrary Invert on Pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »
I haven't tried, but I think you can do this by making a profile along the flowline of your pipe.  Check through the archives at Civil3drocks dot com or civil3d dot com and I think the procedure can be found.

sinc

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »
This is something that I haven't tried yet, either.  But I can't even figure out which label style to use.

You can put a grade from a profile in the Profile View labels, but I haven't found anything else that links to Profile Elevations.

How do people label TBC and FL in roads?  From the surface?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:17:39 PM »
Sinc,
Check out this post for some ideas on how this is done. There are also some links to more reading on creating reference text. I beleive one of the links even has a sample drawing with some valuable styles to use/modify to suit.

sinc

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 11:21:25 PM »
Ah, I remember seeing that stuff now.

And it looks like the link you provided gives one answer to the OP's question.  Dana says she traces the pipe inverts with a profile, then uses station/offset labels to get pipe invert labels.

Is there an equivalent label in the pipe networks?   I haven't even touched those yet, although I'll probably have to learn so I can teach the engineers in our sister company how to use them...   :-)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 12:47:33 AM »
I have only dabbled with the pipes portion of C3D. In my limited knowledge, I don't believe there's anything in the Pipes portion to label, or reference from, an arbitrary point.

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:57:44 AM »
Pipes are actually one of the more elegant features with Civil 3D.  I find them much easier to work with than Pipeworks which was about the only LDT module I liked.  Unfortunately, I don't know of anything within pipes that will do what he is asking short of placing a null structure at the station which will force a segmentation of the pipe run.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 11:28:42 AM »
One can create a style under profile labels, that will come close.
I have experimented with inserting <[Network Name(CP)]> into
label style composer it returns ??? so you wont get your network name data,
however you can get spot inverts with some control.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

bmossman

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »
Thanks for the links & tips!