Author Topic: Help with custom linetype...  (Read 5753 times)

whdjr

Re: Help with custom linetype...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
Why is this not working?  I compiled the shape.

Quote from: Custom.lin
*FENCE,Chain Link X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X
A,["FENCE",FENCE.shx],-.5,3,-.5

Josh Nieman

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 04:15:55 PM »

Try putting the whole path for the .shx file into there.  If it still doesn't work, it'll give me a better idea of what it is.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »
I'm not sure without trying, but mine doesnt have the "" around the first word, and also does it need to have a scale and location -(the x= and the s= part) (I cannot check cos I dont have access at the moment)
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »

Try putting the whole path for the .shx file into there.  If it still doesn't work, it'll give me a better idea of what it is.

FWIW Josh

I dont hard-code the path into the linetypes. What happens if the company changes drive letters, or the lin file is moved? Mine was all done using paths in the options area
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 04:46:44 PM »

FWIW Josh

I dont hard-code the path into the linetypes. What happens if the company changes drive letters, or the lin file is moved? Mine was all done using paths in the options area

For me, it's not a problem, in my specific situation... I was just seeing whether or not the file "FENCE.shx" was in the right place for Autocad to find it without giving it the full search path.  If it still can't find it with the full search path, then it narrows it down to a few other things.

I agree, though that it's better practice to not use full path, I'm in the process of reorganizing our resources so that they are central and more easily referenced via the software they serve.

whdjr

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
Thanks for all your help guys (and girls) but I need to move on and finish the project.  Maybe we'll try this again when I get a little bit more time.

Thanks,