Author Topic: OpenDCL Help file  (Read 6601 times)

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
OpenDCL Help file
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:06:21 PM »
Could someone post the help file.  I am runnig Vista at home and am unable to open the help (they change to a new help system).  I can open it here at work put I am unable to install any software.  Just looking for the help file.

Thanks
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

BazzaCAD

Re: OpenDCL Help file
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 01:13:34 PM »
Here ya go

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »
Thanks!  I looked at ODCL many years ago but the free version didn't offer anything more that I could accomplish with DCL, so I never looked at it again.  Now that it went OpenSource I think it is worth a look again.  There is a program that I started about 3 years ago that I think would be great with ODCL.  I am going to create a block manager in either VBA ( I know very little) or lisp (I know slightly more than very little).  I wanted a block manager that was dynamic based on the file system.  I don't want to update ini file I want to run the program have it look in certian directories and find dwgs to select from.

I'll bee back with questions.  Is there a guide to the syntax or are the help files good?

Thanks again.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 05:12:09 PM »
The help files leave a bit to be desired.
The samples are quite good, and getting better.
Most usefull will be the 'Browser' Help in the Editor .. but you'll need to install for that.

Keep in mind that OpenDCL has been updated and some of the older documentation may be syntactically inaccurate.

ps: I refer to the current OpenDCL rather than the original ObjectDCL because there has been no public updates available since mid 2004. That may change now that DuctiSoft have taken commercial responsibility of the package.

Even though the samples are only intended to demonstrate various features of the package, you'll find some stuff in the samples that will get you started.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:17:52 PM »
Tim, ObjectDCL(OpenDCL) is amazing when it comes to AutoCAD: harnessing the power of AutoLISP and ObjectARX!  When it comes to AutoCAD - the combo can't be beat.  Beleive me I know: I've done both VBA, AutoLISP and ObjectDCL.  Let me know if you need any specific guidence - I'll be glad to help as time allows.  Owen has done a fantastic job - Chad has started a great tool for us Lispers . . ..
James Buzbee
Windows 8

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »
Thanks James,

I have just begun to look through all of the documentaion and have started a hello world to get my feet wet.  I sow the outstanding demos in your other thread, WOW.  I can't wait to get up to speed on this, the possibilities are endless.  Maybe the help files can get updated,  I would like to see a command list of all availible commands and syntax?  If there is anything I can do to help (not that I know very much about it right know) just ask.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro

BazzaCAD

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »
Hi Tim,
Did you look through the "Examples" folder?
Add the "Examples" to your support path then type (load "_MasterDemo") & a whole new worlds will open up to you.
The Help file is in the process of being updated as we speak ;-)

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »
Could someone post the help file.  I am runnig Vista at home and am unable to open the help (they change to a new help system).  I can open it here at work put I am unable to install any software.  Just looking for the help file.

Thanks
a fix to view .hlp files
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection