Author Topic: Drag Labels Take forever  (Read 2716 times)

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Drag Labels Take forever
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:00:16 PM »
Why does it take forever to drag 1 label. Then toggle through subitems and then drag the label. Which takes up about 5 minutes on one lousy label when I have 30 more to go. I have a brand new dual xeon hpxw8000 system which has lots of power. i dont see what the big deal is when I want to move one label and autocad acts like i just queried the whole state full of gis information. I just about had it with this. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

sinc

Re: Drag Labels Take forever
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 08:28:26 PM »
Why does it take forever to drag 1 label. Then toggle through subitems and then drag the label. Which takes up about 5 minutes on one lousy label when I have 30 more to go. I have a brand new dual xeon hpxw8000 system which has lots of power. i dont see what the big deal is when I want to move one label and autocad acts like i just queried the whole state full of gis information. I just about had it with this. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I've noticed lots of problems with labels, but nothing that sounds quite like that.  Do you have all the new Autocad features turned off - Dyn Input, DUCS?  Also, OSNAPs really mess with labels - make sure you turn them off before you do anything with them.

And oh yeah, have I mentioned that I hate C3D labels?   :-D

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »
And oh yeah, have I mentioned that I hate C3D labels?   :-D

lol..i was searching the forum and I already know..you hate labels. its frustrating me. as well. i have ducs, snaps, lwts, xrefs and all sorts of things that would take load, off. theres only one xref that i need so that i can properly set my label position.

O and have I mentioned that when you import points to updated a set of points all your label positions get resetted. which totally sucks. why cant cad just leave my label positions alone. and just update my data.?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:03:39 PM »
This is why I create my own simple ( text ) labels. The way we work, points are golden and lines are, for the most part, simply part of the map, the picture if you will.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:50:48 PM »
I am just not seeing this kind of slowdown for dragging labels.  One thing that did slow down all knids of selections for us was the new (in 2006) highlighting feature with bolding, dashes or both of objects as they were selected or even passed over with the cursor.  I turned this feature completely off and most slow selection problems went away.  I also keep my ortho off for most actions, use shx fonts for labels and turn off lineweight display.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
You might  experiment with frequent purging of the file, C3D seems to be stocking up on items even when you can't see them.  This will also result in keeping the file size more or less manageable.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/