Author Topic: In for a tough time  (Read 30331 times)

Glenn R

Re: In for a tough time
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
All the 'C' family of languages are case-sensitive (not 100% sure about Java) - it's one of the many reasons I like it.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2007, 05:17:27 PM »
Is there a table that shows the vb syntax on one side and the c# syntax for the same thing on the other side?

Try this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxgrflanguageequivalentscodeexamples.asp

I've noticed a couple of comparisons but haven't bookmarked any :-)

added : perhaps better side by side ..
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsintro7/html/vxorilanguageequivalentskeywords.asp
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:10:00 PM by Kerry Brown »
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

HarleyHetz

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
Because most of us do learn to a degree by osmosis, the issue of samples is interesting.
I recall back in the day learning lisp, before the internet, { no laughing } I think it was easier to learn then because I had to work it out myself essentially.

Kerry, I agree 100% that learning by "figger'n it out yerself" is the best way to learn, however, one must take into consideration that many times, one is under huge time constraints to accomplish some task in order to keep employed. This makes "copy and paste" a much more attractive option, and even to a point, makes it understandable. I learned VB by buying a book, and reading and doing the examples. The book was chock full of errors, and figger'n out how to make it work like they wanted taught me FAR more than the actual text in the book did. But, I wasn't doing it for a living yet!!  :lol:
Oh, I forgot to mention my point! Don't be too hard on the "copy/paste" crowd... :)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »
Heck I have copy and pasted this code so many times, I am beginning to understand it.  :lol:
The great thing about slamming out code is getting to re-write it better.   :-D