Author Topic: circular dependency help...  (Read 2190 times)

Chumplybum

• Newt
circular dependency help...
« on: February 20, 2007, 02:26:53 AM »
a bit of background first...
i have 2 seperate projects which compile to DLL's. Project 1 creates a tabbed panel in AutoCAD and also has a shared variable called Panel (which is a refence to the tabbed panel, from here i can get access to any control within the panel) one of the tabs is a project drawings tab, similar to the sheet sets manager. Project 2 is a routine which creates a new job/project for our office that sets up standards, once it sets up a project it calls (or trys to call) the shared variable 'Panel' and adds the folder structure and drawings into the project drawings tab. both these work fine by themselves... the problem starts happening when i try to add references to the projects.

i need to add a reference to project 2 from project 1, so i can launch the sub which in turn shows the dialog (see attached) that creates the new job/project from within a toolbar button in the project drawings panel... and i also need to add a reference to project 1 from project 2, so that when the routine has finished it can update the project drawings tab to display the folders and drawings for the newly created project.

the problem is that when i create these references, i get a circular dependency error.... does anyone know of a way or better way of doing this???

any help would be great, i've attached a doc with some screen shots to give you a better idea of what i'm up too...

cheers

Mark

Glenn R

Re: circular dependency help...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Move common code to a third .dll perhaps?